Chapter 32

Rameen

    I spent the next day in bed. Rania went to work after preparing breakfast for us. Asjad had left late last night. They both had not said anything to me regarding Waleed after the initial conversation.

   My morning sickness was getting worse each passing day. I hadn't slept well last night. My dreams were haunted by Waleed and Jeena and I was mad at myself, for letting Waleed in my heart.

   Love was a stupid emotion, it only gave heartbreak in the end. I had been wise enough to stay away from it for my whole life. If I would have married Imaad, I am sure I might never have fallen in love with him.

  Look what love had brought me, heartbreak. Stupid, stupid love. Why, just why had I fallen in love with that arrogant asshole? I had told him that I would get an abortion today, but still, I was lying in bed unsure of what my future might behold for me.

  I heard a knock on the door, I looked at the watch it was six in the evening. I hadn't realized the whole day had passed. I had just eaten a little Poha (a dish prepared out of beaten rice) for breakfast that Rania had prepared and had not bothered with lunch.

  "Come in," I sat up in bed.

   Rania peeped inside pushing the door open, "Hi, I brought your favorite donuts."

   My mouth watered at the name of donuts, and my empty stomach growled in excitement. Rania walked to the bed and handed me the box of donuts. I opened the box hungrily, eyeing the half dozen donuts with different frosting.

  "Marry me," I joked.

  "I would love to. Let's ditch our husbands, they both are just pain in the ass for us," she replied.

  "Agreed," I laughed at her reply.

  I picked up a donut and dug into it. The chocolate frosting melted in my mouth. These donuts were heaven. I was having a foodgasm.

   "These are the best donuts, I ever had," I told Rania.

   "There is this small bakery near my office. They are perfect at everything," she smiled.

   We chatted about work, while I ate four out of the six donuts. Rania refused to eat any, she said she was on a diet. Too bad for her, I don't think I could ever give up donuts for anything.

   I knew that she wanted to talk to me regarding Waleed but was hesitating. I was in a good mood after the treat I just got and didn't want to spoil my mood.

  "So what have you thought?"

  The cat was out of the bag. I knew I couldn't avoid the discussion for long. I will have to come up with a decision. Right now, I just didn't want to think about anything.

  I was hit by a sudden wave of nausea before Rania could say anything further, I jumped out of the bed and ran to the bathroom. I emptied my stomach, while Rania held my hair. She rubbed my back as I rinsed my mouth with water and then mouth wash.

  "I hate being pregnant," I exclaimed lying down on the bed again.

   All the donuts that I had eaten must be floating in the sewage tank. What a waste of hard-earned money.

  "You should see an obstetrician for your morning sickness," Rania advised.

  I had been thinking about the same thing for the last two weeks since I had found out that I was pregnant. My nausea was getting worse day by day. If I kept throwing up food like this, it won't be good for the baby.

  "I still have not decided, what I want to do with the baby," I told Rania honestly.

  "Why do you want to punish an innocent soul, for someone else's mistake? It's not the baby's fault if Waleed is a douchebag," she said.