Chapter 9

I was sitting in the car fuming at myself, what the hell was I thinking? How could I let myself get carried away?

I still couldn't forget the way my body burned by his touch, the tingles that erupted all over my body and the shivers that his intense gaze sent through my body.

I have never been so close to any man in my life, not even Imaad. I hated the way my body reacted to his touch, it was not anybody but Waleed Kamal the person I despised most in my life. I felt disgusted by the way I reacted to him, the way he made me feel.

The way his eyes lingered on my lips, and the way my arms traveled from his shoulder to neck like they had a mind of their own. Fuck, what the hell was I thinking? I cursed myself, for acting like that. And I was sure he noticed the way he was affecting me.

If Ben wouldn't have come at that moment I might have done something stupid. I still could feel his touch on my waist, the back of my neck. The way his hand traveled from my neck to my back, it had sent sparks throughout my body.

I thanked God that Daniyal and Kabir had not seen that, they were already waiting for me in the car. The embarrassment would have been doubled.

I still couldn't forget the mischievous smile that Ben gave me when I turned towards him. I was sure he was going to tease me the next time we meet.

Kabir tried many times to engage me in conversation with him and Daniyal, but I didn't feel like talking with anyone right now. I just sat in the back seat listening to them, they dropped me and declined my invitation for dinner politely.

Dad and chachu ( father's brother) inquired me about how the case study went and was very enthusiastic that I was getting a chance to work on such a prestigious project.

Dada was more interested in inquiring about Waleed, his friend's grandson. The more I tried to avoid that man the more I had to see him, fate really played funny jokes at us.

The next day was Sunday, mom kept me engaged in the kitchen for preparing lunch. I really admired her determination to make me a master in cooking. Well, at least I was able to fry an omelet without burning it, apart from that I didn't think I made much progress in this department.

I had called Imaad and apologized to him for yesterday, he was upset with me but with a little persuasion, he was normal again and had told me he would pick me up in the evening.

I took a shower and dried my hair, I selected a traditional dress to wear. It had been a long time since Imaad and I went on a date and I really wanted to dress up for him.

 It had been a long time since Imaad and I went on a date and I really wanted to dress up for him

The traditional dress Rameen was

wearing on her date with Imaad.

Imaad arrived at 7 O' clock in the evening, he met with my family chatted with them a few minutes before we left for dinner.