Chapter 23

Waleed

  "Would you like to go on a honeymoon?" I asked as we walked out of the restaurant.

    I had brought Mia for dinner to celebrate the three-month anniversary of our wedding. The last three months were the best time of my life, Mia had changed my life for the good. I was whipped to her to an extent that I found it difficult breathing without her.

   "Depends on which destination you suggest?" She snuggled closer to me due to the chilly air outside.

   I had wanted to go earlier, but I was too busy with my company and Mia was busy working on different projects.

    "Bali?" I asked.

  She shook her head in disagreement.

   "Australia?"

   "No".

    Now I was thinking, what place would she want to go? What could be her dream destination?

   " Europe?" I asked.

   "You are close".

  " Swiss Alps?" I asked with a glint in my eyes.

   She nodded shyly, I kissed her on her head as we approached our car in the parking.

   "Did you hear it?" She asked suddenly looking around.

   "Hear what, love?" I asked surprised.

   "Shhh", She gestured me to be silent as she moved her head around as if to catch signals.

    She then hurriedly walked towards the bushes planted on the side of the parking and crouched and picked something from the bushes as she stood up.

   " Well, Hello", She said smiling as she held a red-colored kitten in her hands.

    I felt my stomach churn, keep it between us but I was afraid of cats, my mom had gifted me a cat when I was 6 years old and I was very happy taking care of her until one day she bit my hand and scratched it, and from that day till today, I hated cats.

    And right now as I saw Mia holding that kitten and looking at it like some prized possession I didn't get any good vibes.

  "Mia, be careful it could bite you", I said anxiously.

  " It won't, look she loves me", Mia purred along with the cat.

   Shit, this was not good.

   "Mia we are getting late, I have an early morning meeting tomorrow", I was annoyed.

   " Okay".

   She was still holding the kitten in her hand and didn't look in a mood that she would let the kitten go.

 I pointed to the kitten in her hand, "Where do you think you are taking that?"

  " Home" She replied easily.

   What the fuck, she can't be serious about this, I can't tolerate a cat in my house.

   "No, no, no, no, that thing ain't going home with us", I shouldn't have said this that early.

   She looked at me with suspicion, her amber eyes fixed on me.

   " Are you afraid?"

  Dammit, I should not have reacted in such a hurry, now she won't stop until she finds out, and I didn't want my wife to think I was afraid of anything.