Chapter 12

Rameen

"Mia, wake up", Sheema was shaking me, trying to wake me up.

I was so exhausted and sleepy I couldn't even open my eyes.

" Let me sleep", I said as I pulled a cushion beside me and covered my face with it.

"Mia it's your wedding day", Rania slapped on my arms.

" Ouch!!" I exclaimed.

"Even dogs are more loyal than you", I cried in pain.

" Fuck these functions, I never thought a wedding can be so exhausting", I said as I rolled my blankets over and sat up rubbing my face.

"Wait till you find out what happens next", Rania said giggling.

I pulled the cushion and threw it at her, she ducked it easily and it hit Umair who entered my room.

"A man is here for you, Waleed Kamal sent him", Umair said.

" What does he want now?", I asked surprised.

I remembered the incident from a few days back when the bastard touched me. I was surprised by this guy, he knew I was engaged and was getting married in a week and still, he had the nerve to touch me like that.

I was mad at him and I was mad at myself for not slapping him at that moment. I had never expected he might do something like that. I thought he despised me, his eyes had kept me disturbed for nights. The intensity of his grey eyes, the unknown emotion they held, and the touch that lit up my whole body.

I was not supposed to think about him in this way, I was engaged and soon I would be someone else wife, but his touch affected me. It made me crave for him, and that was not an option for me. I hated him for making me feel like that, he should have controlled himself.

"Come fast, he has got flowers and said he was instructed to deliver them to you in person", Umair said with a bored expression.on his face.

I looked at Sheema and Rania, they both were looking at me curiously. I ignored their gazes and followed Umair to the drawing-room where the man was waiting.

I recognized the man immediately, he was Waleed's driver, I have seen him on a few occasions with Waleed.

" Mam, Waleed Sir has sent this for you, and he had instructed me to hand it to you personally", The driver said as he gave me the bouquet and a gift box.

I took it from him and thanked him, the driver left immediately. I removed the card from the bouquet and started reading it.

"Congratulations on your Wedding,

Waleed Kamal".

I kept the bouquet on the center table and held the gift box in my hand, it was a slender long rectangular box.

I opened it and looked at the item inside with astonishment, it was a charms bracelet with miniatures of a coffee cup, a girl in a white gown, a book, a duplex villa, a car, and a teacup.

I knew what it meant, it was all our meetings assembled on a bracelet. I retrieved it from the box and marveled at its beauty. It was set in platinum and each charm was studded with diamonds and gemstones. I was sure this was worth a King's ransom.

" Oooh Pretty", Rania said as she slid the bracelet from my hand.

"What the hell Rania", I shrieked.

" Sheema have a look, Waleed Kamal has got the hots for our darling Mia", She teased me.

I glared at her, Sheema snatched the bracelet from Rania and looked at it with wide eyes.