Chapter 24

Waleed

  "Wal," Jeena called as she entered my office.

  I was busy looking at the plan of a commercial complex, which my firm was starting the work on when she came along, all happy and cheerful.

   "Hey Jeena," I replied smiling.

   She was looking beautiful as always, she smiled at me as she sat on the chair across my desk.

  "So what brought you here?" I asked curiously

   "I just wanted to speak to you in privacy, and at home, it's really difficult with Rameen always around and it would look rude if I ask you to speak in private," She replied anxiously.

   I was trying to figure out, where this conversation was going, I liked her no doubt she was my cousin and a good friend and at one point in my life, I was considering marrying her.

   "Have you told Rameen about our past?" She asked me.

  I looked at her surprised, why was she interested in knowing what I had told Mia or not?

   "No, I still haven't but I will soon," I replied studying her.

  "I would prefer if you won't," She said.

     I looked at her with my brow arched, trying to understand what she was implying.

   "Actually, Rameen and I are getting along well, and if she knows that we had a relationship in the past, I don't think she will ever warm up to me," She added.

  "First of all, Jeena, we were never in a relationship, yes, I was inclined to marry you because I thought we had a good understanding, and second I don't prefer to hide things from my wife," I replied, to her honestly.

   Hell, how can she call it a relationship? Yes, I liked her we had a good understanding and I was considering her as a potential match. But, I never had any commitment to her and when Dada had told me that he didn't think she was the right girl for me, I had never looked at her as more than a friend.

   "Sorry, I just got carried away, yes we never were in a relationship except for the fact that we wanted to get married," She replied.

  "Jeena, let me make myself very clear, I was just considering you as a potential match and nothing more," I was annoyed.

   "Right," She said with a scowl.

  I looked at her, truly I was not comfortable with her staying at our home, but before I could have said anything, Mia had gone ahead and told Jeena that she could stay with us, as long as she liked.

    It was not that I didn't trust Jeena, it was just that I was overprotective of Mia, and I didn't want her to be hurt in any way. And I was worried if she found out that once I have considered marrying Jeena, she would truly feel insecure in her presence.

   What I had with Jeena was a truly calculated decision, I was a jerk before Mia. I always used to date the perfect kind of girls, those who were accomplished in everything, I don't know if they were accomplished or not but they posed that they were and the fool that I was at that time I used to go after them in search of a perfect life partner.

    The one who would look after my home, throw parties, and played the perfect hostess. And all her decision would be calculated and she would always be smiling and taking care of my every need.

  But, Mia didn't have any single quality that I had wanted in my wife, instead, she was the opposite. She never cared to impress me by showing how accomplished she was or how good she was for me. She never acted or faked what she was not in front of me, she was just what she was and I was crazy about her.