Chapter 20

"Alec."

What the hell is he doing here.

"Khelani."

"That's Alec?" Cameron asked.

"Yes."

"So he was the one who?"

"Yes. He is."

I didn't wait for a response. I couldn't stand the site of him. I mean yeah, I still love and care for the shit head but I wanted to hate him. And seeing him isn't helping.

I walked away as fast as possible, found the nearest cafe and went in.

It was a Saturday, Liz would be occupied with Jace but i called her anyways.

Gave her my location and hung up.

Not even 15 minutes later Liz and Jace came barging into the cafe.

Her eyes scanned the room rapidly.

I raised my hand lazily. Jace touched her and point towards me.
In an instant, Liz was sitting down in front of me.

Jace looked at me with pity. He never expected his best friend to changed like that.

"Kelly I'm real sorry for what Alec did."

"Jace it's not your fault. Shitheads always start off as nice guys."

He gave me a small reassuring smile.
I like Jace. He's good for Liz.

"Mamí what happened?"

I sighed and explain it all to Liz. Starting from me going shopping to Cameron dragging me out to me meeting his whore of a girlfriend which happens to he Alec's sister to Alec standing in front me to me walking away and calling her.

She shook her head. She was quiet. Way too quiet. I hate Liz when she's quiet.  It's not fun. It's dangerous.

"Come on let's go."

"Where are we going?" I asked her. 

"To see Alec."

Liz wasn't going to take no for an answer.
She grabbed her bag, her phone, me, and her boyfriend and dragged us out of the café.

Our destination? Right back at the movie theater.
Wow. The movie ended already. It was probably porn.

I could see Cameron walking out. He wasn't smiling. He looked worried.
His eyes met mine. A sigh of relief left his lips.
His whore stuck to his side.
Wonderful.

Alec popped up after. Liz let go of my hand and walked towards him.
He saw her. He saw me. He saw Jace. He got worried.

Lizzy's bag was a small knapsack. When she got close to him she raised her hand with the bag and aimed it straight for his face.

Her bag met his cheek. The sound was so loud that everyone around stopped to see what was happening.

"You son of a b-" Jace ran towards his girlfriend and held her hand and mouth before she could finish her statement and hit Alec again.

"How dare you hit my brother." Miss blonde said walking towards Liz.

"Take one more step towards me and i will gauge your eyes out and feed them back to you."

By now Liz was calm. Jace still wasn't going to let her go.

Alec was looking at her. Then me. I couldn't move. I just stood there.

Liz started cursing. But in Spanish. Her curse words rang throughout the atmosphere.
The crowd formed around us was quiet.

Alec just stood there.

Cameron walked over to me and hugged me.

"You okay?" He asked me.

I nodded a response and sniffled. 
Why was I crying. There was no need to cry.  But I was crying anyways.

                                      *****

Liz and Jace dropped me back at school. Liz didn't want to leave but I assured her I was fine.
My shopping bags were still on my bed. Of course they were no one was here to trouble them.

I moved the bags from the bed. No intentions of packing them out.

I was tired. I plugged my phone in and laid down.

Darkness slowly came over me.

I went ahead and let sleep take control.

But what I woke up to the next day wasn't anything normal.