Chapter 38

Estaban🍫: are you ready yet?

Me: no. I'm having dinner.

Estaban🍫: eating pizza isn't considered having dinner.

Me: yes it is!

Estaban🍫: no it's not. Now get ready. I'm bouta leave home.

I didn't bother replying. I just finished my pizza. How did he even know i was having pizza. Doesn't matter.
I left the kitchen and went into the living room where my family was. Alice fit right in. She was sitting inbetweeen the twins.

"What are you guys watching?" I asked them. They were so focused on the television that they didn't even hear me. So I did what any normal person would do and went in front the source of their attention.

"What! Get out the way!" Chris shouted. I didn't move.

"Girl, if you don't get out the way I'm finna jump on you." And Alice sounded very serious so I did move. Right after asking another question.

"What are y'all watching?"

"We watching frosty the snowman! Now get out the way bitch!"

"Why you so violent Alice?"

"Armani, don't you have better things to do? Like get ready for your date?" And as soon as the sentence left her mouth, all eyes were on me. Movie paused and there was a sweet silence for about 5 minutes.

"You have a date?" My dad spoke up and I looked over at him. "You have a date?"  But this time he said it slower.

"It's not a date. We are just hanging out I guess."

"Oh thank the heavens."

"Dad!" Camilla gave out.

"What? I can't be happy for my daughter anymore? She hasn't had a date in a hundred years. I was starting to think-"

"Did you just quote a line from Hotel Transylvannia 3 Mr. Young?"

"Okay guys. Enough." I gave out causing the commotion to come to a stop. " it's not a date. It's just two friends hanging out. Alright. Not a date."

"Riiigghhhttt and you don't wanna get down and dirty with him." Alice said rolling her eyes before leaning back in the couch.

"You know, I thought I was the only one who saw the tension between them." I rolled my eyes at Camilla's comment.

"There is no tension between-"

"Omg. And there's some between her and Kyle. You should've seen them whenever we used to hang back in New York. It was stressing." And as soon as Alice finished her sentence the doorbell rang.

I looked over at Alice who tried to speak again.
"Shut it Thomas."

She raised her hands in defense. "I wasn't going to say anything Young."

Took my time to walk towards the front door. When I looked back they were gone again. They won't even tell me what they're watching. I was greeted with a smile that immediately turn into a frown. 

"You aren't ready yet?" Estaban asked.

"It's after 6. I have 4 more hours."