Chapter 39

Just think, today you're lounging around and then tomorrow you're back at school. How disgusting is that. It's very disgusting. But here I was sitting in my Economics class dreaming about all the pizza I would be having if I wasn't in this hell hole.

I'm pretty sure you're wondering how my so called 'date' with Estaban went. But need I remind you it was not a date. Okay. Not a date.
But anyway, this weird guy took me to the beach at 7 in the night.

Flashback

"Estaban where are we going?" I asked out of curiosity.

"We are going somewhere."

"No shit, sherlock."

"Just hang tight we're almost there."

The car slowed down a little before it came to a stop. I looked out the window before looking back at him.

"You brought us to the beach?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"Because I thought it would be fun."

"So you thought getting dragged out and drowned by a siren, or even eaten by a shark, or swallowed by a whale in the night where no one would know or see anything because it's 7:30pm would be fun?"

Estaban looked at me and laughed. "Okay, sirens are mystical creatures, and whales won't come this close to land. This isn't Free Willy. And sharks Armani, this is real life. Not a movie."

"Sharks kill, whales kill they all kill and you aren't getting me to go in that water at," checked my phone. "At 7:38pm. It's 7:38 dumbass. It's night not day."

"I'm pretty sure i can see that it isn't daytime. Now let's go."

"I'm not going."

"Yes. You are."

"I'm not going."

"Armani cut the crap and let's go."

Flashback ends.

I did ended up going in the water. I mean after a few bickering back and forth and name calling. I did the name calling by the way.

"Okay don't forget your assignments on game theory and due in two weeks."

Okay time to go get some pizza. I left the classroom taking out my phone to text Alice.

Me: you done?

Montana: yeah. Omw over to the cafe. You at?

Me: just left class..... see you 15.

Montana: you better make it.

So let me explain, Alice's middle name is Montana. And because she calls me Armani I said why not just save her name as Montana.

                                       *******

When I got to the cafe, I saw Alice, Cameron and Kyle all seated around our table. We don't actually own the table, it's just where we always sit.

"Hello my lovelies." I greeted my friends and sat down beside Kyle. He looked at me and I looked back at him. We stared at each other for about 3 minutes before I looked away.

"Mani are you blushing?"

"Shut it Montana."

Alice raised her hands up before shrugging at me and going back to eat her muffin.

"So Elly wanna hang tonight?"

I looked up from my phone and turned to Kyle. "Sure. What time should I stop by?"

"Around 5."

I nodded a response before going back to my game.

"Yes girl. Go get rid of that tension." Alice whispered. But we all heard. And they all laughed. 

                                    *********

"Alice where's my flat iron?"

"Bathroom."

Got my flat iron and tried to straighten my hair. Mind you, it did not go well. Eventually I left it hanging past my waist. I need to cut it soon. Haven't had a hair cut since high school.

"Mani you need to leave. It's 4 o'clock."

"You're right. I'll see you later."

"Not wishing on it. Go get some sweetie!" She shouted as I ran out the dorms.

When I got to the house. It was about 5:15. I rang the doorbell because I'm a nice person. As soon as Kyle opened the door I started apologizing.

"Sorry I'm late, I stopped and grabbed some pizza just incase I got hungry."

He laughed at me blabbering and pulled me inside. I looked in front the t.v. to see 4 boxes of pizza. Well we have 7 now.

"Don't worry bout it. Just sit and let's enjoy the night."