Chapter 2: Spilled & Mafia Women

-
If you vote and comment a chapter will be dedicated to you.

-

Natalia's P.O.V

I walked towards the waiter who wasn't too far from me, tapping on his shoulder I gained his attention as he turned to me, I could see the fear creeping up on his face the minute he realized who it was.

"A—I—Hi." He began but never got to finish since I decided not to give him the time of day when I took two glasses of red wine, ready to go back to my table.

Though it seemed like the universe had different plans for me since the second I turned around I was greeted by a strong chest which caused some of the wine to spill, luckily none went on me, but I couldn't say the same for the person who induced this incident.

I looked up slowly, meeting dark brown eyes that seemed as stunned as me, I couldn't help when my eyes strayed taking him in.

His face was well defined which drew me in like his eyes, his lips held a faint smirk while he looked calm as ever despite the fact his suit was ruined by the wine I held in my hands.

I couldn't help but notice how he never looked away from me, it was like I was the only one in the room that mattered to him.

I knew half the women and men looked at me that way, but his gaze made me feel different which was probably because it wasn't one of lust.

I looked away from him trying to focus my thoughts, "You should watch where you're going." I snapped ready to walk away, but the second my feet moved his hand was on my wrist, stopping me.

"But you bumped into me." I removed his hand from mine as I tried to push away the feelings that arrived with the sound of his voice which proved to be a difficult task, but I managed to.

"You were behind me, I don't have eyes at the back of my head." He chuckled huskily at my response as he looked into my eyes once again.

I swear if we had met somewhere else I might have slept with him.

I did my best to ignore all the eyes I felt on us as everyone waited to see how I'd handle this situation since my reputation wasn't exactly pristine because of the last incident that transpired in this room.

"Could you at least help me wash this out?" I wanted to laugh at his request, but I kept a straight face as I spoke.

"If you apologize." He didn't say anything which didn't surprise me at all.

"Didn't think so." I drank the rest of my wine from both glasses which wasn't much, sadly.

"Here." I shoved the glasses to his chest not caring if he'd catch them in time as I walked away knowing he was watching me.

When I found my family again they were at our table, sitting. I decided to do the same as I sat with them.

"What was that?" My father asked sounding upset.

His mood seemed to be caused by my interaction with the man I had just been talking to.

"What was what?" I inquired, acting clueless.

"That-" He didn't get a chance to finish which I was eternally grateful for.

"Anton! how have you been?" Our attention was now being given to Diana, who was an old family friend.

She wore her hair out in an afro showing off its defiance to gravity while the red dress she had on complimented her dark almond skin and her brown eyes.

She was gorgeous.

"I've been great, I don't things can get better. How are you, Diana?" My father asked as he stood, planting a kiss against Diana's cheek which my mother didn't seem too pleased about and I couldn't say I was surprised.