Chapter 27: Devil & Angel

"So at the ball when you first saw me what did you think?" I asked Alessandro curiously while eating a berry.

"Well..."

FLASHBACK (ALESSANDRO'S P.O.V)

"Alessandro Anderson?! How are you? I haven't seen you since you were a child, how's your father?" A black man asked whose hair reminded me of my dark eyes, but he had hints of greys that said he was in his late 40's or 50's.

"I'm sorry, but I can't seem to remember your name," I informed him, making him frown as I took two glasses of wine, which were on a silver tray that a waiter held.

I handed him one, changing his frown to a smile, "Mandla Jones, it's-" He halted his sentence as his eyes went to the entrance, I raised a brow, confused as he wasn't the only one who had their attention at the door.

I followed his gaze, my eyes catching the sight of a gorgeous woman, I tried to get a good view of her, but multiple heads blocked me.

I grew frustrated quickly sensing this, my feet moved on their own, leading me further towards the door to see the mystery woman, even if it was just a glance.

The minute I got a full view of her, my heart stopped.

How could someone be so stunning? That was the first thought that came to mind.

She stood with confidence as if she knew the power she held and the attention her presence drew.

The woman had luxurious brunette hair, that fell against her back giving me access to see her captivating features.

Her eyes were a deep brown that could hypnotize you, she wore light makeup, which told me she didn't need it.

Her beauty didn't require a highlight as her smile brought enough spotlight.

Even though every woman in the room was wearing red, she wore it differently, she made it stand out like it was the very first time I had ever seen the colour.

The slit on her dress showed off her long legs that glistened in the light, the dress overall was perfect for her, it hugged every curve my eyes could see.

I didn't know why I was so hypnotized by her.

It was like I was seeing an angel but her presence felt like one of the devil's, dangerous and sinister. I wanted to talk to her, to see her smile, I wanted to-

Her eyes scanned the room, going over my head as she looked for someone, 'Boyfriend?' The thought itself had woken an unfamiliar feeling.

I had honestly forgotten how to speak when I saw her move down the stairs, she walked as if she owned the place and everyone in it.

The fear, jealousy and desire I saw in many eyes made me even more curious about the mystery woman.

I wanted to get to know her so badly, but how could I initiate a conversation with her? When I didn't feel like I was worth the time she had to spare.

She walked towards a family, her family.

The man, I presume was her father due to their difference in age was the first to greet her. It didn't take much time for me to recognize him since he was a Petrov, the leader of the biggest mafia in Russia.

The Petrovs were known for their ruthlessness, half the people in here were their enemies, but that wasn't unusual in our world.

Everyone wanted to kill someone in this room.