Chapter 20: Relationship & Failed

Comment it's fun! Don't be a silent reader! :)

-

After breakfast Natalia, Eric and her father went upstairs, into her father's office. She knew this was about her relationship with Alessandro.

Both Natalia and Eric took a seat while her father stood. "So tell me, Eric, how do you feel about Alessandro and Natalia's relationship?" Before Eric could speak, Natalia spoke.

"He shouldn't have any feelings about it, he is not my husband."  She stated as though she didn't just break off any romantic relationship she had with Alessandro.

"No, but I'm your fiance." Natalia rolled her eyes, not liking the fact he thought a contract gave him the right to dictate her love life.

"Arranged fiance." She made sure to emphasise 'arranged' but kept her usual emotionless face, knowing how easily it irritated people when she acted like she didn't care.

"Yes arranged, Anton as you know my father wants us to be faithful and I don't wish to cross my father and neither should you," Eric said the last part directing it to both Natalia and her father, Anton gave his daughter a hard gaze letting her know he wasn't too happy with the situation she was getting them into.

Natalia only laugh, but there was not a trace of humour in her voice. "I don't see your father here. I won't let him dictate my life, if he wants someone faithful I suggest he finds you someone else." Eric sighed crossing his arms.

"That's the thing, Natalia, he only wants you." She cringed letting them know she didn't like one word he said.

"And why is that?"

"Besides the power your mafia holds in Russia and you have a great influence on the other mafias in your country and many others. Plus you seem to have the leader of one of the biggest mafias in Italy wrapped around your finger." Natalia honest wasn't too surprised by his answer, everything he said was true. She had many allies and sources for drugs, guns etc. She also couldn't deny the fact that Alessandro was totally captivated by her...well he was.

"That makes sense, but what I don't get is why you both want me to stay faithful so badly." Eric gave a small smile as he replied,

"Because he's expecting us to have an heir soon and if you decided to sleep with a bunch of guys, you may accidentally get pregnant with their child and not mine." 

"I'm not having a child, especially with you. Tell your father to find someone else, I won't be the puppet in his show." Natalia left no room for discussion as she stood up, leaving the room.

-

A few days had passed since Natalia spoke to Alessandro and she had to admit it was killing her, she didn't realize how sadness could take over someone's body to the point where tiredness grew.

She sat in Andrey's room as he slept in his coma, the doctor told her he would wake up sometime this week and to be totally honest, she couldn't be happier. Natalia didn't think her life would go downhill without him, she missed his laugh, his horrible jokes and his sarcasm.

A tear slipped from her eyes which she immediately wiped, trying her best to stay strong but she couldn't as her twin looked so weak on the bed.

After a few minutes, Natalia decided to go to her room as it was around 7:30 PM. While she went upstairs her eyes immediately took notice of Alessandro and Christie who was walking into his bedroom, smiling.

She didn't what was worst, the fact that he was happy? Or that she was sad? she instantly began regretting every word she said to him, even though she told him to let me go, she didn't think it would hurt this much. She wasn't used to this feeling, her body was breaking along with her heart as he closed the door behind them. 

She wanted to break down and cry, she wanted to let everything out, she wanted to scream, but like always she pushed her feelings down and went inside her room, trying her best to forget everything she had just seen, even though she knew it was going to be hard.

She closed her eyes pushing the tears that wanted to fall down her face like rain against the grass. "Breathe." She whispered trying to focus her thoughts, but her heart clenched in her chest making it impossible.

Natalia knew she liked Alessandro, what she failed to realize was that she was really in love.

-

Thanks For Reading

Vote

&

Comment

What is your most favourite thing to do?

There is a town in Nebraska called Monowi with a population of one

There is a town in Nebraska called Monowi with a population of one. The only resident is a woman who is the Mayor, Bartender and Librarian.