Chapter 28: Sleep & Logs

-

Natalia's P.O.V

A few days had passed since the date, I had to admit I missed Alessandro, he was currently in Italy securing a deal of some sort. 

"Natalia, are you listening to me?" I nodded, lying. Andrey rolled his eyes knowing it wasn't the truth.

"Alessandro left for a few days and you've become lovesick already?" Andrey inquired, a smirk on his lips as I sat around my office, reviewing the caller log from the man who had I found searching my room, his name was Vinnie.

"I'm not lovesick. I'm trying to focus on the caller log." He stayed silently, looking down at the caller log sheet I had given earlier, deciding not to tease me further which I was grateful for.

My eyes scanned the logs, looking for a recurring number, which took a while since there were many numbers.

"Natalia, check this out." I stood walking around my desk, looking down at the number he showed me.

"I've seen that a few times as well, an hour before the break in. See if someone can track the number."

"I bet it's a burner phone." He stated, getting up. "With how careful R is, I wouldn't be surprised, but it's worth a shot." Andrey nodded showing me he agreed before he left the room. Rewarding me with complete and utter silence.

I sat back at my desk, letting out a yawn as the moonlight glared against my computer screen. I closed my eyes, letting my mind travel through my thoughts, many were about Alessandro. I didn't know whether to be annoyed or happy.

I was used to thinking about me and only me, you would think after the accident with my sister I would change that mentally, but I couldn't shake it. I had to admit being with Alessandro was changing me for the better, though I would never tell him or anyone know that because I know they would never let me live it down.

My phone rang loudly against my desk, pulling a sigh from me as I answered it. "Hello?"

"Ciao bella." I heard a familiar voice on the other line, (Hello beautiful) "Missed me?" I asked smiling brightly.

"Very much. I'm almost finished here, if I'm lucky, I'll be back tomorrow." Alessandro informed me, the hope in his voice made my smile brighten.

"I can't want to see you, I miss you." He lets out a fake gasp. "Natalia Andrea Petrov admitting she misses me?" I rolled my eyes, biting my lip with amusement.

"If you keep acting like that it will be the last time I admit anything to you." I joked earning a light chuckle from him.

"How is everything going with R?"

"As good as it can be. Andrey was helping me look through the call logs, we think we've found the number R used to contact him, but they most likely used a burner phone."

"I'm happy to hear you've made progress. You should get some rest it's 12:38 AM over there."

"You're keeping track of my time zone?"

"You're 2 hours ahead it's not hard maths. Now please get some rest."

"I will once Andrey comes back, I promise."

"I'm holding you to that promise. I have to go to my last meeting for the day, goodbye bella." I frowned softly, not wanting the conversation to end, but I knew we had to.

"Bye." He hung up leaving me with my thoughts of him.

It didn't take too long for Andrey to arrive, "Well, my suspicions were correct. It was a burner phone, so that was a dead end." I sighed not really shocked but that didn't stop the frustration in my chest.

"Alright, did they find anything else on Vinnie that can be useful?" He shook his head, "The phone was the only lead. The file on him will be ready in a few hours."

"I wonder if this is how the Полиция feel when they're trying to catch us." He chuckled finding my statement amusing. (Police)

"I wouldn't be surprised. Also, you need to sleep."

"Why the sudden care?" He pouted acting offended. "I always care! But Alessandro told me to say that." I smiled softly, getting up.

"I guess I could sleep."

"Natalia Andrea Petrov taking an order? Shocking." I rolled my eyes, leaving my office.

-

I woke up to the sound of my door closing, the tiredness in my body immediately subsided as I reached for the Glock 17 that was hiding underneath my bed.

I aimed the gun at the intruder, who was no other than Alessandro, who looked amused at my reaction. "Good morning to you too gorgeous." I smiled happily at him. 

"Good morning." I greeted back, I stood ready to hug him, but he stopped me.

"Natalia the gun." I glanced at the weapon in my hand, grinning sheepishly. "Oh right." I placed the gun on my bedside table.

When I turned back to him, I was immediately engulfed in a hug. My shoulders were tense at first but my body quickly relaxed in his hold, loving his soft touch. "You have no idea how much I've been wanting to do that," Alessandro stated, making me chuckle sightly as I silently agreed with that statement.

"How was your trip?" I asked him as he rested his head against my shoulder. "I killed a few people but other than that it went smoothly. How does it feel to get 9 hours of sleep instead of drinking alcohol as a 'wake me up coffee'?" I felt good but I was still tired, one good rest wasn't going to fix the months of sleep deprivation.

"Feeling like I could really use some alcohol right about now. I think I have a bottle of tequila lying around here somewhere." He pulled away from the hug, smiling at my statement.

"It's too early for alcohol Natalia." I shrugged uncaringly. "It's 10 PM somewhere." He chuckled placing a soft kiss against my forehead, slipping his hands around my waist.

"By the way, my parents want to get to know you better." I raised a brow, feeling uncomfortable as I was finally coming to terms with how serious this relationship was getting.

"Aren't they still in Italy?" I inquired, hiding my nervousness.

"No, they decided to come back here with me. They want to have dinner tonight." 

Oh fuck. 

-

Thanks for reading

Vote & Comment

What's the worst lie you've told?

The average American child is given $3.70 per tooth that falls out.