Chapter 24: Detect & Date

Natalia's P.O.V

"And here we are right now," I said, after explaining the events that had happened since my brother was in his coma.

"I knew you and Alessandro would be an item." I rolled my eyes, trying my best to keep a smile off my face.

"We aren't an item, it's just sex."

"He'll want more if you still haven't realised. You have his attention and you could possibly get his heart." Andrey stated, I wondered if he could be right? Was I ready for that? Did I really want Alessandro?

"You just woke up from a coma and you're acting like my therapist." He chuckled. "And this thing with Eric will blow over."

"And if it doesn't?" I had to admit I was slowly starting to lose hope, but I know I had to try.

"You're Natalia Petrov, you will always find a way." I nodded feeling a bit better as my doubts began to disappear.

"Now, who's that?" I raised a brow looking in where his gaze was at.

I saw Alessandro and Christie laughing hard, I sighed turning back to Andrey who looked curious about the whole situation. "She's his consigliere and possibly one of his many lovers."

"Did he tell you that?" I shook my head, ready to get this conversation over with as it irritated me to no end. "No, but he makes it very obvious." Andrey smiled amused, making me confused.

"What?" I asked.

"For someone who just wants the man for sex, you seem very upset about their relationship." This is why I don't like telling him shit, he always found a way to make something big out of nothing.

"I'm not, it doesn't bother me. I don't expect him to be with me and only me...that would be selfish especially when I don't want a relationship." I explained, but as each word left my mouth, my heart hung in regret, maybe I wanted something more...maybe I just wanted to be the only person in his life...the only person he cared for romantically.

"Natalia, if you want him. Get him." I let out another sigh turning to the five shots of tequila, I finished them all in one go, ignoring the burning sensation in my throat.

"I don't want him, Andrey." I lied gazing at Alessandro who was already looking at me. The eye contact had me shivering at how calming it felt, but I quickly looked away pushing down the feelings that arose in my chest.

"If you say so, but don't do anything you'll regret. Mother is requesting my presence, excuse me." I glanced at my mother watching her wave over my brother who walked over to her obediently.

"Natalia." I turned to the person who called my name. "What do you want, Eric?"

"My father has arrived, he's waiting with your father in his office." I sighed ready to get this over with.

"Lead the way." And he did, my eyes went to Alessandro who was still talking to the redhead, I was possibly even more irritated than before as I walked out the door.

-

There in the room, was my father who sat around his desk with a drink in his hand, the man who sat at the other end of the desk also had a drink in his hand, I assumed he was Eric's father because of his son's uncanny resemblance.

"Hello," I greeted them announcing our presence.

"You must be Natalia." Eric's father stated.

"And you must be Eric's father." He held out his hand, I shook it.

"It's nice to meet you, my name is Paul. I've heard many things about you." He said I tilted my head slightly, shifting my gaze to Eric for a split second, knowing Eric had nothing good to say about me.