Chapter 11: Date & Diner

-

Natalia's P.O.V

After leaving the gym I decided just to go for a walk in the garden to clear my head and hopefully remove every thought of Alessandro.

I hated myself for the fact that I couldn't stop thinking about him.

No matter how hard I tried to forget his smiles and his eyes I knew they'd stay in my mind until the end of time.

What was it about him?

Was it the way he said my name?

Was it the way he stared?

Or was it the way he'd touch me like I was a plant he'd never wish to harm?

I shouldn't be feeling this way but I did.

What's the worst that could happen if I decided to give in to my feelings?

"Natalia." I heard my brother behind me which had me turning his way.

"What is it?"

"I wanted to check on you." My brows furrowed cautiously.

"What do you really want?" I asked not believing his concern.

"Can't I talk to you without a reason?" I shook my head.

"No." He rolled his eyes with a playful smile.

"Have you spoken to Alessandro today?" I sighed at his question.

"Stop playing matchmaker Andrey. Alessandro and I will never happen."

He didn't look a bit convinced by my statement.

"You know he was asking me some questions about you earlier." I raised a brow letting him know his words had caught my attention.

"What did he say?"

"He asked about your likes, dislikes, basically he was asking about everything."

"And what did you tell him?"

"Nothing important, I had to leave some of the answers for your date." I chuckled at this.

"I'm not going on a date with him."

"Not even gonna consider it?" Alessandro said.

I glanced behind Andrey catching the sight of him as he approached us with a soft smile.

"Did you put him up to this?" Standing in front of me, he shook his head.

"No, but I don't mind his suggestion."

"It's never going to happen," I told him while matching his smile as Andrey silently slipped away from us with a knowing grin.

"Somehow I don't believe that." He replied never looking away from me.

He must have known right?

He must have known how I felt when he looked at me like I was the only person on this earth.

He must have known how hard I was trying to resist the urge to smile at every word he said—How hard I was pleading with my heart to let these feelings rest.

I'm so tired of this.

"Why do I get the feeling that you'll keep trying?" I inquired with amusement.

"Only a fool would give up on you."

If only he knew what those few words did to me.

"You're such a charmer," I stated with a drip of sarcasm.