Chapter 40: Breakfast & Roses

-

I woke up the next day in Alessandro and I's bedroom, alone. I knew this wasn't the room I fell asleep in last night which told me Alessandro brought me here.

I sat up slowly, letting out a yawn still feeling tired from last nights' activities, my eyes caught the sight of a note that sat on the bedside table, I reached for it, reading it.

I'm in the kitchen making breakfast, there are some clothes in the bathroom so you can take a shower.

-A

I smiled brightly deciding to take a shower, when I stood I could feel a slight pain in my legs which was caused by the positions I had decided to try out last night.

Just like Alessandro said clothes were in the bathroom, but it was not my clothes it was his, boxers and shirt. I made a mental note to unpack the boxes that were filled with my clothes later.

After I finished taking a long hot shower, I changed into the clothes I was given which were big on me but I made it work as I left our room going to the kitchen where Alessandro stood putting a few pancakes on a plate while speaking to someone on his phone.

"Good morning." I greeted him making Alessandro turn my way, smiling softly.

"Chris, I'll talk to you later." He told the person on the phone, before speaking to me. "Good morning, gorgeous, how did you sleep?" He asked me while taking orange juice from the fridge, shaking it, before pouring it into a glass.

"Great, did you go to the store?" I asked as I saw the fridge was stocked up with different types of food.

"I was going to wake you, but you looked exhausted," Alessandro explained as I took a seat around the counter while he handed me my breakfast.

I would never get used to how he treated me with such care and love, he thought of me before I even had time to think of myself.

He loved me like he loved nobody else. I sometimes felt like I wasn't enough to receive this love, but slowly he began to convince me that I had earned his love.

"Thank you." He nodded taking up the syrup in a questioning manner.

"Syrup?"

"Yes." After he placed some of the syrup on my pancakes, I began to eat as he washed the dishes.

"Oh god." I moaned as the sweet taste filled my taste buds delighting them.

"Honestly where did you learn to cook like this?" I asked, he glanced at me for a second a look of longing filled his eyes before he spoke.

"My mother taught me." He informed me, I sent him a smile deciding not to ask any more questions about her as I didn't want him to feel uncomfortable or sad.

Alessandro lets out a sigh while drying his wet hands. "You know you don't have to walk on eggshells, anytime you bring her up, it happened years ago. I'm over it." I looked into his dark eyes as he took a seat beside me, I couldn't tell if he was lying or telling the truth.

"Alright, I won't." He pressed a kiss against my forehead, earning a smile from me.

"Great, now I was going to ask you if you wanted to go on a date with me later." I raised a brow, wiping my lips with a napkin.

"I don't know if my boyfriend would like that." I joked playfully, he bit his lip keeping in a smile.

"Well, I wasn't asking him." He said jokingly while leaning into my ear, planting kisses under it.

"I guess I can consider it." 

"I'll pick you up at 8, or will your boyfriend be home then?" I shook my head, closing my eyes as he gently nibbled on my ear.

"He won't, he has things to do," I told him softly, a slight smile on my face enjoying our little roleplay.

"Great, I'll see you then?" He inquired pulling back, I nodded.

"You will." I couldn't help the laugh that left me and neither could he.

"Have you eaten yet?" I questioned him, looking down at my half eaten pancakes before glancing at him as he nodded.

"Yes, don't worry." He told me softly, moving my hair behind my ear. "I love you." He whispered placing a quick kiss on my lips. I wondered how or why he was so affectionate, was he always this nice to everyone? Or just me? 

"What's so easy about loving me?" I asked, genuinely curious about what this man saw in me, no matter how many times he told me his reasons I never understood them. 

I swore it was pure stupidity to love someone as broken as me, but if I ever told him that he would say something along the lines of, 'If loving you means I'm stupid, I'm fine with that.'

"When I'm with you everything feels natural, my attention belongs to you and so does my heart." He answered, I was about to speak up again when the doorbell sounded.

"I'll be right back." I watched as he went to the door, escaping my sight.

A few minutes passed before he came into view but this time he held red roses in his hand along with a forced smile which made me confused as I asked.

"Are you ok?" He nodded but it seemed like he was trying to convince himself more than he was trying to convince me.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" I shrugged still curious but I decided to leave it alone as I spoke again.

"Are those for me?" He hummed a 'yes' handing it to me.

"They are. Let me get something to put them in so they don't die." 

"Thank you." He nodded wearily, his mind seemed to be on something else, but 'what' was the question I wanted to ask. 

-

Thanks for reading

Vote

&

Comment

The book is almost finished.