Chapter 42: Biance & Cream

"These taste familiar. Where did you get them?" I asked taking another bite out of my hamburger.

"The diner we went to on our first date. You said you liked the food there, so I thought it would be a good idea for you to relive that...unless you want to eat something else-" I touched his cheek gentle stopping his rant.

"You're so adorable when you're nervous." He blushed slightly making me smile.

"Have you tried the ice cream?" He asked trying to change the subject and I let him.

"No, I haven't." I watched as he took out a container filled with the treat.

"What flavour is this?" He gave her a spoon before answering.

"Cookie and cream." Digging in, I sighed loving the creamy taste. (What flavour ice cream do you like?)

"You know I haven't gotten any notes from R in a while, have you?" He shook his head, but he hesitated for a second which made me curious but it was probably my mind playing tricks on me.

"No, I think it's good that she's leaving us alone." He confessed as I lay against the blanket, placing my ice cream beside me.

"Agreed, but I can't help but worry about her plans."

"Understandable, but don't worry about it. Right now just focus on us." He said placing a kiss on my cheek.

"What would hurt you the most?" He asked laying next to my body as I looked up into the starry sky, somehow gaining comfort from the stars.

"Getting cheating on again, but I know you would never do that. What's your biggest fear?"

"Hurting you." I smiled softly leaning into his chest.

"That you could never do." 

"I hope not." He whispered so softly I almost didn't hear, I silently hope that it wasn't foreshadowing.

"Do you want children?" I asked, he instantly gave me a nod. "But only if you want to, I know how hard childbirth is. I wouldn't want to put you through that."

"It seems scary now, but I know I can get through anything with you." He smiled softly.

"If you do get pregnant a few years from now, I promise to be with you every step of the way." I brought him into a loving kiss, hearing his words had my heart and stomach fluttering in joy, he knew exactly what to say and exactly what to do to make me feel...loved.

I pulled back gently, "I love you." I whispered making his small smile turn bright. 

"I'll never get over you saying that." He was ready to pull me into another kiss when my phone rang making me sigh, annoyed.

"Hello?" I answered, giving Alessandro an apologetic glance.

"Natalia, where are you?" Alessia inquired with a tone of haste.

"With Alessandro, why?" He began playing with my curls as we both sat up.

"You were supposed to hold a meeting at your house today." I sighed looking at the time and date on my phone before asking.

"That was today?"

"It was." She confirmed.

"We'll be there in an hour." Alessia hung up while looking at Alessandro who was more interested in my loosely curled hair as he ran his fingers through it which amused me. "We have a meeting to get to," I informed him catching his attention.

"The one with your parents?" He asked, I nodded answering his question.

"Give me a second, let me get the driver to bring the car up here so we can pack up." He stood, bringing me up with him, 

"Alright." Alessandro gave me a quick kiss before he walked through the forest going for the driver.

"Finally I've got you alone, I thought he'd never leave." I turned around, facing the woman I had shared a kiss with at the afterparty.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, wondering if I had jinxed myself when I spoke about R early.

"To collect you," Bianca said throwing a punch which I dodged but a slight touch of her fist gave me a hint of what the full effect of the punch would feel.

"You're going to have to put in more work than that." Bianca continue to throw punches which I dodged to the best of my efforts, what I didn't expect was for her to kick me which made me fall against the grass, I quickly rolled out of the way, avoiding another kick or punch.

When I stood I decided to continue dodging as I waited for an opening to strike. The minute she gave me enough room to fight back I did, I threw a hard punch in her face making her stagger back, I kicked her in her stomach making her fall just as I did.

"Natalia." I heard Alessandro's voice, I glanced at him for a second seeing he had his gun in his hand.

Bianca quickly stood ready to attack me again, but with Alessandro's precision, her efforts were deemed useless as he shot her in her leg.

"Ark!" Biance shouted, hurt filled in her voice as she fell back against the hard ground.

"I know, it hurts like a bitch." I said as I was now reminded of the time I shot Andrey in his leg on 'accident'.

I picked up a bottle of tequila moving closer to her, Alessandro walked over to me, worriedly.

"Why did Ria send you?" I interrogated her.

"I'll die before I tell you that-Ahh!" She screamed as Alessandro shot her other knee, he didn't even flinch.

"Those look really bad, let me help you." I poured the Tequila against her two knees, the alcohol sinking into the wounds bringing more burning pain than before.

"Fuck you!" She screamed, Alessandro sighed looking at the time on the watch that he was wearing on his hand.

"Then we'll have to use other methods," Alessandro told her, glancing at the bodyguards that were a few feet behind us. I honestly didn't realize when they arrived with us.

"You two make sure she doesn't bleed out, bring her to the Petrov manor." He ordered firmly, obviously still tense about what just happened. They nodded doing as told.

"Thank-" I began but he halted my sentence with a kiss that took my breath away, my arms slipped around his neck as my body melted against his, his shoulders seemed to relax when I touched him, mine reacted the same way.

"I love you." He mumbled against my now swollen lips, I gave him a comforting smile, wordlessly telling him I was fine.

"I love you too."