Chapter 3: Introductions & Explosions

-

Natalia's P.O.V

I let out a breath of relief when the music came to a stop.

My brother and David came back to the table taking a seat while my eyes went to my parents as they made their way to the man who made my wine spill.

I was surprised when they started a conversation which made my interest grow about the mysterious man, what could my parents possible be talking about with him?

Whatever the topic was, it certainly didn't catch his attention like I did as he would look at me every few seconds.

Something he said seemed to have my parents looking at me, I knew it was probably nothing good as it didn't take much time for them to make their way over to the table.

I took the wine my brother was about to drink and downed it, silently pretending it was tequila.

"It would not take much for you to get one from the waiter." He complained with a deep frown as I handed it back to him.

"Don't they serve anything stronger?" I asked deciding to ignore his statement, he continued to frown making his own decision to ignore me.

My eyes went back to the mystery man who soon arrived at my table with my parents.

"Alessandro this is our son, Andrey." My father introduced Andrey.

My brother stood and greeted the man I now knew as Alessandro with a handshake.

"This is Diana, David, and Abigail, old friends." They shook his hand before he turned his attention to me.

"And this is our daughter, Natalia." I sat there for a second since I didn't want to get up, but feeling my parents' stern gaze, I stood, stepping towards him.

When he held out his hand, I stared at it keeping in a sigh as I shook it.

I didn't expect his hand to feel so warm against my firm grip that he matched, I could feel movements in my stomach that I pushed down knowing better than to acknowledge them.

"It's a pleasure to meet you." I lied with a straight face as I forced a smile, not breaking the intense eye contact he consistently kept whenever I was around.

"The pleasure is all mine." He replied.

His answer seemed far more sincere than mine and that fact alone made my forced smile become all too real.

I knew I should have pulled away the second we shook hands, but I couldn't.

I didn't know why, maybe it was the way he looked at me, or maybe it was the way he smiled or the way he held my hand like it was glass he could not afford to break.

"Alessandro, I was wondering if you would like to come over for dinner tomorrow evening?" My father asked, causing our temporary trance to break as I was now aware of the eyes on us and how long we had been staring and holding each other's hand.

I immediately took my hand from him, avoiding his piercing gaze as I went back to my chair, slipping onto my seat.

"I'll be there." He responded as our eyes momentarily met again.

I looked away trying to find something that could catch my attention as his eyes did.

"He has taken quite the interest in you and by the looks of it, you're just as interested." Andrey teased, I rolled my eyes trying to show him that his observations were inaccurate.

"I don't like him, he made my wine spill." He chuckled at my reply.

"And you didn't kill him, that says a lot." I knew my brother was trying to get into my head and for the first time in years, it was working.