If you go down in the woods today....

(A/N the picture above is what Elijah looks like as an adult, not my image found on pinterest)

A small faint crying sound is what made Lucy and Howard leave their small hut in the middle of the night. They wrapped up warm as the snow fell all around them as the got closer to the sound Howard held up his torch to see if he could see anything. Just as he was about to suggest going back his wife let go of his arm and walked forward swiftly making him speed walk to catch up. As he caught up with her be was shocked to see her to off her cloak.

"What are you doing? You'll freeze out here without that o-" he stopped suddenly as his wife turned around holding a small shivering bundle. She held it close trying to warm it up. As she showed her husband he saw that it was a small baby Qunari looking closer he saw that it was a boy with dark coloured skin with horns already be growing. Lucy looked around trying to see if anyone was around in the snow that was getting heavier by the second.

"Where do you think his parents are?" Lucy asked after her husband looked around pointing his torch in the direction he turned back to his wife.

"I'm not sure it doesn't look like there is anyone around for miles. We best take this little one in before he freeze's to death" Lucy nodded and followed her husband back to their small hut where he had started a fire she sat next to the fire as the baby boy slowly opened his eyes to look around he had a white outer iris but the inner iris was red. "What should we do, Howard?" 

"I don't know, Lucy"

"We can't just abandon him, maybe this is the answer to our prayers" The husband sighed softly his wife might not be wrong they had been trying for years to have children but could never manage now they just so happen to find a small baby in need of parents.

"It won't be easy for him, being a Qunari and all" Lucy nodded but Howard could already see the determination that he fell for all those years ago.

The married couple made it work however, they named their baby Elijah and they had to learn as they watched him grow up. As the years went by the first issue they had was Elijah's horns they had to learn how to make sure they didn't grow in any direction where they would hurt him they also noticed that despite being a Qunari he was fairly small for his age. As he grew up he had begun to grow a white tuft of hair in between his horns that he began to grow out.

When he had just celebrated his sixth birthday with his parents everything changed his life. As he slept soundly he suddenly saw a large monster walking towards him.

At first Elijah began to walk backwards terrified when suddenly it stopped and just looked at the young boy curiously

At first Elijah began to walk backwards terrified when suddenly it stopped and just looked at the young boy curiously. It suddenly knelt and bowed it's head before placing its head against Elijah's like a dog nuzzling for attention. Elijah smiled and gently pet the demons head before he awoke. He had more and more dreams of meeting different demons each one talking to him never showing any signs of being a danger to him. He had already shown his parents signs of magic but they were to scared to take him to anyone. If they did tell the Templars then they could give Elijah to the Qunari and everyone knew they were horrible to mages the thought of their adopted child with his eyes and lips stitched and chained up for the rest of his life nearly gave them nightmares. So they kept him a secret and secretly bought him books on magic and allowed him to go into the woods to practice his magic. He never told them about the demons he befriended. He was afraid that they would be scared of him or that he would worry them he already knew they worried about him enough.

However, when he turned ten as he walked back to his parents farm he stopped dead in his tracks and ran behind a tree when he saw a group of Templars surrounding his families home the fields burning and the house now burning to the ground. His parents in front of the leader they had multiple cuts and bruises. The leader held his sword out towards Elijah's mother and asked.

"I'll not ask again, where is the mage your housing?!" Lucy shook her head.

"There is no mage here!" 

"Lies! We have multiple eye witnesses saying that they saw a Qunari child using magic in this area" Elijah's heart stopped realising they were looking for him, that he had put his parents in danger. Elijah's whole world suddenly stopped when the Templar leader in his anger swung his sword and slashed Lucy's thought.

"No!" Elijah screamed making the Templar's and his dad turn to him.

"There he is! Get him!" The leader pointed his sword at Elijah making him take a step back. Howard glared at the Templar leader before charging him knocking him over.

"Elijah! Run!" Elijah looked between his dad and the advancing Templars not sure on what to do. "Run! Don't look back!" Elijah looked one more time to his dad before turning on his heel and running into the woods only hearing his dad scream in pain before he could just hear Templars yelling at him. He ran for what felt like eternity when suddenly he ran face first into a cliff making him fall backwards. Spinning around he saw he was surrounded by the Templars and their leader.

"Now, your going to come with us the easy way or the hard way" With that being said Elijah saw the sword the Templar leader was holding blood dripping from the tip, the blood of his adopted parents the ones who had raised him and made him the person he was. He felt magic begin to drip from his clenched fists when his eyes suddenly began to glow a deep purple a deep growl erupting from his throat that made the Templars take a step back.

"No. I'm. Not!" A magic blast sent the Templars flying onto their backs when a purple portal opened on the floor and a large arm reached through and pulled itself out. Still with glowing eyes Elijah looked to see the same Pride demon he saw the first time look between the shaking young Qunari that it had befriended and the armed Templars before it growled and let out a loud roar before ripping the Templars to little pieces. When Elijah had calmed down his eyes stopped glowing and he began to walk back home. The fires were still going and his parents bodies still look like they had only just been killed. Elijah kneeled down and began to cry when he felt a nudge against his shoulder. He looked up to see the Pride demon behind him. "Well, I guess it's just you and me now"