Chapter 1

(Y/N)'s POV:

"Alyssa, please hurry. We're going to be late!" I whine as she rolls her eyes in response.

"No, we're not. You worry too much." She nonchalantly says, brushing away my pleads.

She finishes her makeup and grabs her backpack soon after.

"How do I look?" She asks, doing a three-sixty of her outfit.

"Very... pretty." I say, checking her out like I've done so many times before. "You always do." I whisper, hoping she didn't hear that last part. 

"Well, thank you. I guess we can go then."

***

We walk past the small library located inside the main campus, and I check the time, noticing that we're already late.

Further down, a hall entrance leads us to the cafeteria. Many small fast food shops come into view.

We walk through the crowd of students, many rushing to their classes, others sitting down to eat breakfast or simply just having loud conversations with others.

Suddenly, Alyssa stops and turns to line up at Starbucks.

"Alyssa." I groan, shaking my head.

"What? I want coffee, okay?" She scoffs back.

"But we're already late."

"What's the big deal, (Y/N)?" She ignorantly says.

"Really?!" I reply with disbelief. How can she not know what the "big deal" is?! After almost eight years of friendship, she should know that I hated being late. 

"Don't stress about it, babe. We both know that professors don't care half of the time." She blows me a kiss and proceeds to ask, "You forgive me?"

"This is our last year, Alyssa. I want to finish strong. Just take that into consideration."

"I promise it's only this one time." She smiles, taking my right hand and kissing the back of it.

"Make it two coffees, please." I roll my eyes, not being able to resist her.

As she orders our coffees, I take the time to admire her. Being attracted to a girl, who is also my best friend, never crossed my mind. Yet, here we are.

***

We finally make it to class, seating immediately on the first open spots we see.

I hear the professor introduce herself to the class as I fetch for my laptop and notebook.

"Again, for those who came in late, my name is Katie McGrath. You can address me as Professor, Katie, or Miss McGrath because there's no ring on my finger yet." Snickering sounds interrupted the lady. "It's really your choice; whatever makes you comfortable as long as it's respectful. We're all adults here, so I hope we can get along well." Her accent is rich and beautiful, fascinating me in every way possible.

A curiosity to see her physical characteristics forces me to lift my head up. I find the elegant lady standing in the middle of the room, and I'm taken aback by her perfect features one more time as I recall seeing her a couple of times before. Being up close entrances me to admire and notice every detail.

She has amazing dark hair that cascades over her shoulders. She smiles as she speaks, and sometimes her smile fades away as she focuses on her next words. Her hand movements are coordinated with her talking. Her clothes hug her body perfectly, tracing her beautiful shape. She walks with determination and authority. Her voice is loud and clear, her accent mesmerizing. She's the literal definition of beauty.

I catch myself staring too long at her and force myself to try and concentrate.

"She's pretty, huh?" I hear Alyssa whisper.

I turn and look at her but remain silent.

She raises her eyebrows, expecting an answer.

"Uh, pretty?" That's an understatement, I think to myself. "She's... okay." I lie, quickly looking away.

"What do you mean? She's literally a goddess." She wasn't wrong about that, yet I denied it. "I'm here to learn, Alyssa." 

***

"Class is dismissed. The two ladies that walked in late, I need you to stay for a minute." The professor announces.

"Damn it, Alyssa." I scoff under my breath.

After everyone is out, we make our way to her desk. A creeping nervous sensation filling my body as we approach the beautiful woman. 

"I hope this is the first and last time you girls are late" are her first words spoken to us, as her green eyes travel from Alyssa's to my own. I feel my nerves on edge under her gaze. "Here's some material I passed out before you guys arrived." She finally looks away and hands us some papers.

"Thank you." I respond. "And it won't happen again, Professor."

"I would say I deserve at least a coffee for being kind enough to catch you up on some material you missed for being late." She leans back on her chair, looking at both of us, raising an eyebrow when there's no reply.

To be honest, I wanted to respond, I was just dumbfounded. For some unknown reason, I couldn't handle myself well in front of her. 

 Well, she was a HOT woman after all, and the talk of the students every single year may I add. Praise for Katie McGrath was EVERYWHERE, and now I was starting to understand why. 

"Not happening." Alyssa finally responds as she looks up from her phone, which was chiming with flowing notifications. 

Miss McGrath tilted her head and raised her eyebrow again. "Really?! I can definitely take those back." She smirks, putting her hand out.

"Uh, we'll bring the coffee, ma'am." I quickly say, butting in and giving a 'What the hell is wrong with you?!' look at Alyssa.

"Thank you..." She looked at me expectantly, waiting for my name.

"(Y/N), (Y/N) (L/N)." I finish for her.

She tilts her head slightly and smiles, causing my heart rate to speed up. I feel the warmth of my cheeks exposing me in front of the professor. My feet swiftly taking me out of the professor's view. 

I keep replaying the moment in my head as I embark on my mission. The way she talked, her accent, her beautiful eyes, the way she looked at me and tilted her head, it was all perfect. 

At the same time, I subconsciously reminded myself that Alyssa has always been the one I wanted, and I've never interest myself in another woman before.