Chapter 20

Jessica's POV:

(Flashback)

"Jess! Oh my God, how are you?" I step into the apartment just to be greeted by the dark haired woman.

"I'm good. Just missing you." I respond, hugging her back.

"I know. I missed you, too." She mumbles.

We part from the hug, and the tall figure of a man comes into view.

"Dominic." I acknowledge his presence.

"Little sis, you made it." He proceeds to hug me.

"Guys, I have to run. But we'll catch up later." Katie rushes out of the apartment, touching my arm lightly as she passes by.

Dominic clears his throat and my attention shifts back to him.

"I want you to meet someone." He starts.

"Who?" I question, raising my eyebrows.

"This girl." He takes his phone out and shows me a picture of a girl I already met.

"I know her."

"Well, that's great news." He turns his phone off.

"Why do you have a picture of her?" My bewilderment shows as I cross my arms waiting for an explanation.

"I was reserving her for you. I think she's good for you." He casually says.

"That doesn't answer my question." I retort.

"Jess, you need to be happy and she's the one for you. I just know it. You know I play the matchmaker." His expression is soft.

I stay silent as I try to process.

"I have to go, but I'll meet you here later. Rest, I know you need it." He takes his black blazer in his hand and exits the room.

(End of Flashback)

"So who is this mysterious person?" Katie smirks, raising an eyebrow in the process.

We're sitting in her living room, and I've been bragging about my special someone---(Y/N).

"I know she's a college student. She works at a coffee shop. She's very smart." I tell her, smiling as I think of her.

"Well, she surely makes you happy." She observes.

"She does." I admit, blushing a little.

"When will I meet her?"

"Um... I'm planning on asking her to come with me on Thanksgiving break." I reveal.

"Oooh." Katie gushes.

"But I'm not sure." I add

"Why?"

"We haven't made things official. We've only known each other for two weeks now. And tomorrow I leave." I feel disappointed that today will be my last day with her.

"Oh c'mon. I bet a long distance relationship can work. Plus, if you're that head over heels over her, she might be too. Who knows." She comforts.

"You might be right." I shrug.

"And what's her name? How is it possible that you've told me everything about her but not her name?" She shakes her head in disbelief.

"Her name is-"

Katie's phone goes off as I'm about to reveal the name.

"I have to take this." She excuses herself from the room, and I patiently wait for her.

She finally comes back with her keys in hand. "I forgot I had to meet Dominic. Have fun tonight though."

"Thank you."

I walk to the spare room, which is the room I'm staying in, and look through my clothes.

What will I wear today?

***

(Y/N)'s POV:

"You look beautiful." I compliment Jessica when I see her.

She was wearing a gray cardigan over a maroon crop top and a black short jean skirt.

"Same to you." She hugs me and I imitate her.

"There's nothing special about what I'm wearing." I laugh.

"You don't have to wear something special to look good." She winks and I bite my lip.

This girl has turned my world up again.

"So where are we going today? Since tomorrow you're leaving." I pout, sad she has to go.

"Club." She's very straightforward with it, and I'm taken aback.

"A club?" I repeat.

"Yeah." She nods.

"I'm not even dressed right." I point to my casual clothes.

"This is not my best either." She motivates.

I chuckle. I stay silent for a moment as I think.

"If you really want to go..." I eye her.

"It's my last day." She tries to justify.

"Fine." I reluctantly say.

***

We make it in without a problem. I'm going to be honest here, this is not my type of environment. I feel out of place but I'll try to enjoy this for the sake of the girl who forced me to come.

"Do you want a drink?!" Jessica guides me through the crowd, holding my hand tight around hers.

"Did you say if I wanted a drink?!" I shout over the loud noise.

I see her nod her head. "Okay."

She takes me to the bar, and she asks for two drinks.

The guy slides the two drinks in front of us, and I look at it before swallowing it.

"Get loose, babe." She convinces me.

I drink it fast and ask for another one. Three drinks in and I feel the urge to dance.

I take Jessica's hand and pull her towards me.

"Dance with me." I command.

She puts her arms around my neck, and I pull her close to me as I wrap my arms around her tiny waist.

Our bodies are in sync, and I feel my heart rate pick up as more butterflies fill my stomach.

My lips go to her ear and I ask, "Be my girlfriend."

Sounds more of demand then a question, but I don't care. I feel bold right now.

She pulls away from me and I see how the lights illuminate her pretty face.

"You're serious?!" She shouts so I can hear.

Instead of answering her, I lean in and aggressively kiss her. I can taste alcohol on her lips as she reciprocates my kiss.

The kiss starts to get more heated and before I know it we're walking out of there, stealing kisses from each other as she takes me to her place.