Chapter 3

(Y/N)'s POV:

I left the apartment early, trying to not be late to Miss McGrath's class again.

Alyssa was still sleeping. The way she behaved yesterday had my mind going in circles all night.

Entering the classroom, I pushed the thoughts away.

No one was inside, not even the professor, so I took a seat in the back.

I got a book out from my backpack, "Jane Eyre" by Charlotte Bronte, and started reading. I loved the story, but I really hated the fact that love for Mr. Rochester had led him to a physical state of vulnerability, losing his eyesight and one of his hands.

About fifteen minutes had passed when I felt someone touch my shoulder.

I looked up, surprised to find Alyssa staring back at me. For some reason, I was expected to find Miss McGrath in Alyssa's place. 

What I really wasn't expecting was Alyssa to be here this early today. We still had about fifteen more minutes until the class started, and knowing Alyssa, she would rush in at the very last minute.

"You're early." I raise my eyebrows in complete and utter surprise.

"Well, you left me all alone." She retorted, leaning down and surprising me with a sloppy kiss.

I kissed her back and soon stopped when I heard her heels against the floor.

Alyssa noticed this and rolled her eyes as she pulled back and took a seat next to me.

I wasn't sure if Miss McGrath had seen the kiss, but I was hoping she hadn't even if chances were slim. 

Embarrassed, I buried my face in my book.

"You know what? I'm going to buy some breakfast. Do you want something?" Alyssa asked as she stood up from her spot.

"No, thank you." I quietly responded.

Katie's POV:

When I walked in, they were kissing. (Y/N) probably thought that I had missed it, but truth was I saw everything.

If yesterday (Y/N) called her 'friend', today they were probably something more. 

I watch as then girl leaves the room, leaving only (Y/N) and I.

I clear my throat to get her attention. She slowly looks up.

She's a beautiful, young girl. I can tell she gets flustered easily when she's around me. Many students of mine react this way - the guys mostly - but I know (Y/N)'s attraction to women is no secret at all. She displays it every day with her outfits and broadcasts it to the world when she participates in the activities organized by the LGBTQIA+ community at our school. I've assisted a few myself, but I've never had any type of romantic interest on any of my students at all. Except for now, of course. 

"Wouldn't you like to sit in front? You'll be able to focus better." I suggest, pointing at the open spots at the front.

"Uh... yeah, of course. I would love that." She accepts the offer, grabbing her book and backpack.

A small smile forms on my lips at the thought of her reading one of my favorite books. She seems like a very grounded person, and I wish to know her better. I had seen her a couple other times before on campus from far away too, and her professors had all spoken amazing things about her to me, but I refused to believe the prodigy she was until I saw it with my own eyes. I knew this was her last year before graduating, and I had the privilege to share my knowledge with her before she took off on her next adventure.