Chapter 37

(Y/N)'s POV:

As soon as Katie told me everything was going okay, I left home to change from my work clothes.

When I opened the door, Evelyn was already ready to go, and she was only waiting on me.

"I said my shift would end in 30 minutes, Evelyn." I laughed at her bored state.

"I know, but I wanted to be ready. Now, hurry up and change so we can go." She shooed me away, and I quickly left to my room.

I chose my clothes for the day, and jumped in the shower. The refreshing water against my skin gave me the boost of energy I needed.

I also started imagining the different scenarios that could take place when I confronted Alyssa.

It had been twenty minutes when a knock on the restroom door forced me to shut down the water.

"I said to hurry up, (Y/N)." I heard Evelyn at the other side of the door shout.

"I'm going, I'm going." I repeated as I wrapped the white towel around my body.

I try my best to change quickly and fix my hair.

Soon after, Evelyn and I are exiting the apartment to find Alyssa and talk to her.

***

"Do you know where she lives?" Evelyn asks me as we exit Starbucks. We stopped by to get a frappuccino.

I give her the "Are you kidding?" look.

"I'm dumb. Of course you know where she lives." She laughs as she face palms herself.

Just as I'm about to give her directions, my phone starts vibrating. I check the ID caller and answer it.

"Hello?"

"(Y/N), are you going to talk to Alyssa?" The blonde girl asks.

"Yes. I'm on my way to her apartment right now." I inform her.

"Are you going alone? I think I should go with you."

"No, Evelyn is coming along." I take a sip of my frappe, knowing what she's about to say.

"It's better if I come along. She will believe that you and I are actually back together." I smile at her words, which I was expecting.

"Well then, I'll pick you up in five minutes." I give in. Jessica being with me raises the chances of Alyssa believing us.

"Who?" Evelyn whispers to me.

"Jessica." I mouth.

"Okay, call me when you're outside." Jessica says.

"Will do." I hang up the phone call.

"Am I not enough?" Evelyn raises her eyebrows as she looks at me for a split second.

"You are." I laugh. "She'll just make it more believable that I stopped chasing after Katie."

"Hmm. Even at the mention of Katie, you start to blush." Evelyn shakes her head, smiling in disbelief.

"You can't blame me." I defend myself.

"Whatever."

***

"Knock, you idiot." Evelyn whispers to me.

For the past minute, I've been standing in front of the door, frozen.

"I need a moment." I scoff at her.

I feel Jessica's hand wrap around my own, and Evelyn raises her eyebrows at the action.