Chapter 5

(Y/N)'s POV:

"Hello, Ms. McGrath." I smile at her as I walk in.

"My favorite person is here." She responds, looking up from her paperwork. I bite my lip and try to hide my face because I knew it was flushing red.

I walk up to her desk and can't hide the excitement I was feeling. The scenes of last night were replaying in my mind.

We had walked and talked about random stuff. I would often lose focus and just stare at her lips, or simply steals glances from her. It was all amazing. She actually paid attention to whatever nonsense I was telling her about.

"I love seeing you smile." My smile widens a bit, and I shake my head.

I try to hide my face with my hair but it doesn't work.

I can feel her smirking; that's what she does best, and it make anyone feel weak.

"(L/N), don't get nervous." She's teasing me. She's enjoying the show.

"Grab a chair and sit next to me so I can explain to you what you're going to help me with today."

I pull up a chair next to her, aware that I need to keep my distance or else I would end up losing my cool.

I sit and watch her as her hand reaches out and pulls my chair closer to her. Now, that was sexy.

"You're too far. I'm not going to bite, (Y/N)." She shakes her head and smiles at my foolishness.

"Okay, so, this is the grading scale for the multiple choice part. For the free response, make sure it mentions and relates to the prompt. This is the quiz I'm using as a key. If you have any questions I'm next to you so don't be shy. Or nervous." She smirks one more time. By now she's aware of the effect she has on me, and she's using it for pleasure.

I notice that the quiz she's using as a key belongs to me. I smile at the thought of her grading my paper first.

"I think you're going to be my star student, (L/N)." She breaks the comfortable silence that filled the empty room.

Her eyes find mine as I'm lost taking in her features now that she's close to me again.

"I always work my way up to the top." I whisper.

I watch how she tilts her head slightly. It makes her look adorable.

"I like that." She whispers back.

The room falls into a comfortable silence again, and I resist the urge to kiss her. For some reason, I wish to feel her lips against mine.

There's something about her that just compels me. The feeling is unexplainable, but it has me in a trance where I can't stop thinking about her.

It's so wrong considering that I just started dating Alyssa and she's also my professor. I don't have a choice but to stop these feelings from developing further.

So a small part of me is thankful when I hear my phone vibrate in my pocket. We both snap out of our moment.

I look at my phone and read Alyssa's text.

Alyssa: Please hurry. I need help.

Me: Will be there ASAP, love. <3

I was now in a relationship and respect was due to the girl I was dating. There was no way I would risk my relationship for something that was probably not even there. And although Ms. McGrath seemed perfect, she probably was off limits. Who wouldn't want to be with her?!

"Now she's interested in where you're at?" Her accent fills the room, pulling my focus towards her.

"Actually, she needs my help."

"Do you want my advice?" She looks at me with an eyebrow raised.

I nod and she continues, "I know you've fancied a life with her for a very long time, but trust me when I say she's not worth it."

It hurts because there's some truth behind those words. My eyes fall to the ground immediately.

"I don't think she's the problem. I am." I defend.

"How so?" Her demeanor shifting to one of complete seriousness.

"I'm new to this... I've never dated a girl before. Plus, the last time I dated a guy was back in my Freshman year of high school, so it's been quite a while. After that, I basically got caught up on her." I whisper the last part, scared to be judged by her.

I feel her soft hand wrap around mine. It sends tingles of electricity throughout my body.

Her other hand softly lifts my chin up, forcing me to look at her.

Her green ocean eyes don't fail to captivate me one more time, and her soft voice is like music to my ears.

"You're not the problem, love. It's okay to be caught up on someone but when they value your love and return the love you give them. It's way too early in the relationship for you to detect this, but once you're in too deep, it will be harder to leave."

I force myself to break away from her gaze and shake my head. I hear her wise words, yet decide to ignore them. "I won't end the relationship."

I'm probably insane to give Alyssa the benefit of the doubt, but how could I not? She was my girlfriend.

"Okay." She finally responds, removing her hand from mine. I detect disappointment in her voice, and I feel terrible for that.

I turn back to my work, realizing there's only one more quiz to go. I grade it quickly and grab my stuff.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Ms. McGrath." I take the chair back to its original place and head towards the door. I feel horrible for disappointing her.

"(Y/N)?"

I look back at her before reaching for the handle.

"It was only an advice." I can see the honesty in her calm yet worried face.

"I want to give her the benefit of the doubt."

She smiles back and says, "Then do so."

I nod and close the door behind me. She's beautiful, caring, honest, smart, and understanding. What else is needed to reach perfection?