Chapter 2

(Y/N)'s POV:

"Alyssa, where are you going?" I asked as I lined up to place my order. 

She turned around and walked back to me.

"I'm sorry but I have important things to do... and you do too, so I don't know why you're actually being serious about taking her this coffee." She said, clearly annoyed. But why?

"Hey, no need to be rude. It's a win-win for both of us." I tried to pacify her. 

"It's the first day, (Y/N). People will be tardy." 

"Not us," I quickly defended, "We're seniors, we know this place."

Ignoring my reasoning, she looked at her phone and said, "I don't have time for this; I have to go. See you later, babe."

***

The room was empty as I walked in.

"Break time, I'm guessing?" I asked Miss McGrath, interrupting the silence in her room.

"Fortunately, yes." She looked up and greeted me with her pearly whites, a book in her hand.

The tickling feeling in my stomach was back, and I tried to not make it obvious. Of course I knew I would fail sooner or later.

I handed her the coffee, and as she wrapped her hand around the cup, our fingers brushed against each other for a second.

It only took a second to get my heart racing and my cheeks exploding with intense heat. The adrenaline in my body was like electricity, yet the only reaction I could enforce was the gulp that I took after the moment. 

She knowingly smirked as I tried to compose myself. This made me wonder if she felt, even to the smallest amount, the same thing I did. 

But why would she reciprocate my feelings? Why would she be interested in a student?

"Where's your friend?" She cleared her throat, breaking the silence that followed our moment.

"Uh, she... I don't know honestly." I admitted. 

I began to wonder what had caused Alyssa to rush out like that.

"Well, I appreciate you for fulfilling my request. It's kind of you, Miss (L/N)." My name lingered on her lips for a bit, producing another wild effect on me. I force myself to look away, avoiding the feeling of embarrassment after getting caught having a gay panic attack.

"My pleasure."

"I'm pretty sure your girlfriend had better things to do?" She raised her eyebrow while taking a sip from the cup.

Why did she do that? How could someone possibly get even more attractive? 

"Uh... f-friend. She probably felt sick or has another class I don't know of." I tried thinking of possible scenarios that would suit the situation well. 

"I doubt it. You two look close." She said, taking another sip from her coffee. "More than a friend, less than a girlfriend, I suppose." She nonchalantly shrugged.

I was at a loss of words. Speak of passive aggressive. 

"Speechless, Ms (L/N)?" Not only was she getting too sexy to handle, but she was also slapping me with truthful words that pained me. I had to flee the scene.

"I'm sorry, but I just... I forgot I had an appointment... Uh, with the counselor, yeah. I have to go." I lied, knowing damn well the expression across my face betrayed me. 

"Sure you do," she smirked, "goodbye, (Y/N)."

I quickly exited the room.

She knew way too much. 

A meeting with the counselor! What type of excuse is that?!

***

Finally, I was back at the apartment after a long day.

I heard the door open, and my eyes shot up knowing my best friend was here.

"Hey." She smiled at me.

"Hi. Where were you?" I interrogated, curiosity taking over the "important thing" she had to do.

"Why? Because I didn't go back to Miss McGrath with you?" She sarcastically said, sitting on the couch next to me.

"You said it was important."

"Baby, I have lots of things to do as well. Bringing coffee to a professor is the least of my worries." She responded without looking at me. 

"Yeah? Just... be respectful to her, please." I didn't like the way she spoke about her. One minute she's literally obsessing over how beautiful the woman is and the next she's complaining about her. 

I noticed she moved closer to me.

"Whatever you say." She faced me, coming closer in proximity, slowly closing the gap between our faces. Our lips were almost touching, and my heart rate picked up.

After what felt for ever, her lips met mine. A small peck was all I got.

"Have a good night." She simply stood up and left like nothing even happened.

I was left alone to deal with the mixed feelings of confusion and irritation. Did she want me or not? Because this game was starting to get old.