Chapter 30

Katie's POV:

"Hello?" I answer the phone call, my eyes remaining close.

"Katie? Did I wake you up? I'm sorry. " Jessica apologizes.

"Don't worry. My alarm is about to ring anyways." I say, yawning after.

"Oh ok. I just thought you would already be up. Anyways, I need to talk to you." She informs.

"Okay. Can you call me after work, please?" I ask, not paying too much attention to the nerves I felt.

"Uh..." She sighs, "I prefer to tell you in person."

My eyes open immediately, "Is it that bad?"

"Can I stop by tomorrow?" She ignores my question.

"Yeah, sure." I agree. "Just tell me...is it about (Y/N)?"

"Uh...yeah. But please don't mention this conversation to her just yet." She begs.

"Why?" I curiously ask.

"Because it's a miracle I'm speaking to you. If this wasn't important, I wouldn't have called." She aggressively says.

"I...I'm sorry for that." I apologize, realizing that she was still hurt over the break up she had with (Y/N) because of me.

"It doesn't matter anyway." She shrugs it off. "I'll tell you tomorrow where we can meet."

"Can't we talk in my apartment?" I ask, heading to the kitchen to prepare some breakfast.

"I prefer not. It's safe if we're in a public place just because there's nothing suspicious about that." Okay, now that was starting to worry me even more.

"Oh..." I fall into silence.

"Okay, I have to go, but I'll see you tomorrow. Bye." She dismisses and hangs up the call.

I put some water to boil, and I head back to my room and into the restroom to wash my face and brush my teeth.

***

Class was over and I wasn't really in a good mood since the phone call this morning.

"Hey, what's wrong?" (Y/N) asks after the last person exits the room.

"Nothing. It's just not my day today." I respond, avoiding her eyes.

I feel her walk around my desk to my side, and her hands softly start massaging my shoulders. "I won't push, but I'm here for you." She whispers close to my ear.

I bite my lip and close my eyes as I enjoy the feeling of her hands massaging my shoulders. I can feel my heart beat faster as I feel her hand softly move my hair to side and then her soft lips against my skin.

I accidentally moan, and I feel her lips shape into a smile against my skin. "That's hot." She whispers.

"Shut up." I say, feeling the burn on my cheeks.

There is an abrupt knock on the door, and I jump. (Y/N) sprints to the other side, reminding me of the same scene happening yesterday.

"Come in." I say once (Y/N) is situated.

The door opens and I act like I'm typing something on the laptop. (Y/N) pretends to look for a paper in her backpack.

"Ms. McGrath, I would like to receive feedback from you." My student's familiar voice sounds through the room.

"Hi, Alyssa. Okay." I sweetly smile, retrieving the paper she was handing over.

I start to read it in silence.