Chapter 25

(Y/N)'s POV:

"Katie." I try to get her to talk to me.

"Leave me alone, please." She walks away after.

*

"Why are you ignoring me?" I try again.

"Because you're a complete and utter asshole." She retorts.

*

"Katie, just let me explain what I meant." Katie has been ignoring me for days now, and I'm not having it anymore.

This time she doesn't even answer me. She ignores me like if there was no one in the room with her.

I tried.

***

It's Wednesday, and I still haven't met the Smith parents. Supposedly they were visiting some family members, but they were going to be here tomorrow.

I round the corner when I hear voices coming from the living room. I stop in my tracks and listen.

I recognize the voices to be Nicole and Dominic.

"I've seen how those two look at each other. I think you have to do something so (Y/N) knows that Katie belongs to you." Nicole says.

I feel a pang of anger overcome me.

"I will. I plan to do something special tomorrow night." Dominic announces.

I walk back to my room, trying to understand why Nicole is requesting that. Yes, she knows that there's something between Katie and I, but there has to be more to it, right?

I pace the room, and suddenly, my phone starts to ring.

I take the call and hear Jessica's voice on the other end of the line. "Hey babe."

"Hi, Jessi. What's up?" I ask.

"Do you want to hang out? Maybe come to the park with me?" She suggests.

"Uh, sure, babe. How long will you take to get here?" I ask since I'm staying at Dominic's place.

"Great. I'll be there in 5 minutes."

"Oh okay. I'll see you, then." I dismiss.

"K, bye." I hang up the phone.

***

We were walking around the park, hand in hand.

"Babe?" Jessi calls out.

"Yeah?" I turn to look at her.

"You seem distracted." She observes.

"Sorry, I... it's your parents. I want to make a good first impression on them." I half lie. Although I was worried about how her parents would see me, Katie and the conversation that I heard earlier were the reason for my distraction right now.

"Hey, don't worry. They'll love you." She stops in her tracks and turns to face me. Her finger caresses my cheek.

I smile in response, feeling guilty for lying to her. I breathe in, and exhale slowly. "Thank you."

***

I walk in and find Katie and Dominic wrapped together on the couch.

It seems like they both fell asleep, and I stare longingly at Katie.

She stirs a little in his arms and I leave before she catches me staring, that would be weird.

***

(Thursday)

I'm in my room fixing my navy blue button up shirt's collar.

"You look good." The familiar voice greets me, and I smile seeing her reflection in the mirror.

"Thank you."

She closes the door behind her and heads to where I was standing. Her arms snake around my waist and she rests her head on me.

"Are your parents here?" I nervously ask.

"Not yet. But we should go downstairs." She kisses my shoulder.

"Right." I turn around and kiss her forehead. "Let's go."

We go downstairs and join the rest in the living room, and I notice that Katie is not here yet.

"I didn't get to tell you how pretty you look in that dress." I whisper in Jessi's ear, making her blush after.

"Thank you." She shyly says, her cheeks burning red.

"(Y/N), are you ready to meet our parents?" Dominic asks.

"I think so." I nod, clasping my hands together.

"You'll do fine." Jessica assures, taking my hand in hers.

"I hope so." I smile.

Just then, Katie makes her entrance. Her hair is slightly curled, which fits her good. She wears little make up, but that's okay with me. She's always distracting and beautiful, no matter what she wears. Hell, she even looks stunning in a plain t-shirt.

"You look beautiful, babe." Dominic voices my thoughts out, and I feel a pang of jealousy.

"Thank you." She smiles shyly, knowing that she just took the spotlight right there.

"She's always looking like a snack." Nicole comments, making me smile at her true statement.

Katie's cheeks flush red, and my smile widens.

I try to be discreet though.

The doorbell rings, and we all know who that is.

"They're here." Jessica cheers, getting up from the couch.

Everyone else follows and I stay back, my heart racing.

I finally get up and move towards the entrance where everyone else was gathered at.

"Katie, I missed you darling." The older woman says, taking Katie in her arms.

She's short, well-dressed, and very kind as it seems. Her hair is dirty blonde just like her daughter's and son's. I also notice the crystal eyes, which both her son and daughter inherited.

"I missed you, too, Mrs. Smith." Katie responds, parting from her.

"Oh, you know I've told you to just call me Kaitlyn, honey."

"Sorry, you know I grew up calling you that way." Katie smiles.

"It's my turn now to greet our beautiful girl." The elderly man says, and I notice that he looks older than his wife.

He is very tall, in fact, and that's where Dominic's tall height comes from.

In contrast to his wife, he has a shade of darker brown hair, which makes it easier to see the white hairs reflecting his old age. His eyes are blue, but not as vivid as his wife's. He is also well-dressed, and I wonder if they're rich.

"How have you been love?" He also hugs her.

"Good, thank you. How've you been, Mr. Smith?"

"Good, good." He responds.

After that, I'm the only one left who still needs to greet them.

"Mom and dad, this is (Y/N), my girlfriend." Jessica takes my arm as she introduces me to her parents.

"It's a pleasure, Mr. and Mrs. Smith." I politely say, making sure to smile.

"It's our pleasure to finally meet the girl that's made our babygirl happy." Mr. Smith says, extending his hand out to shake mines.

"Call me Kaitlyn, sweetie." The mom says, smiling wide as she takes me in a hug.

I feel relief flood me, although I still had the night to get through, but this was a good start.