Chapter 42

(Y/N)'s POV:

Katie turns her car off as she parked in front of Alyssa's apartments. I try to steal a kiss from her before I got out of her fancy, black Audi R8 car, but fail miserably.

"What??" I questioned, pouting at her for moving away.

She only smirks as she gets out of her car. Am I being punished for something?

Confused, I let myself out as well.

Evelyn had stayed home with Jessica. It was the best choice since Jessica wasn't really in a good state. So it was only Katie and I, and we had come to see if Alyssa was home.

"Lead the way." The Irish woman says.

I start walking around the familiar area, Katie following close behind me.

We reach Alyssa's apartment soon, and I immediately knock on the door.

With no response, I try to open the door, hoping it would be unlocked. It was locked though.

I sigh in frustration, "We can't do anything el-".

I furrow my eyebrows at the sight of the man turning the corner. "The hell is he here for?"

I immediately walk up to him, and his eyes widen when he sees me. "Ms. (L/N)).

"What? Stop being formal you jerk. Why are you here? And where the hell did you take Alyssa?" I angrily ask, tightening my hands into a fist.

"Chill, (Y/N)." He chuckles.

"Stop playing with me, Dominic." I warn him. I wasn't in a good mood to be taking crap from this douchebag.

"About your friend, I don't know." He nonchalantly says.

His attitude angers me even more and I don't resist the feeling of punching the disgusting man. I swing my fist over, connecting it with his face and impacting it with an unexpected punch.

I feel nothing but adrenaline in my veins. He backs away a little as he clenches his jaw and holds his cheek with his hand.

"You're lucky you're a girl." He says with bitterness in his voice.

"I'm lucky I'm a girl?!" I shout with disbelief. I step forward and as I'm about to repeat the blow to his face, another set of hands grab my arm firmly. I look back and see Katie.

"Control yourself." She scolds at me.

I'm taken aback and I take her hands off me. I stay silent as I look back at Dominic with pure hatred in my eyes.
I turn around and walk back to Alyssa's apartment without another word being said.

Just then, I remembered my copy of the apartment key. I never gave it back.

I take it out and easily unlock the door. I step in and call out for Alyssa.

The silence wraps around me, and I feel suspicious as to where Alyssa could be.

I look around the familiar place, and unfortunately, I don't find her.

I stand in the middle of the living room, covering my face with my hands. One more time, I sigh in frustration. "Damn it!"

I resist the urge of punching something. Instead, I turn back around and head out of the empty  apartment.

As I lock the door, I catch a glimpse of a ring on Katie's hand. I stand in silence as I watch them talk.

I'm surprised to see how composed the man seems. I would've expected him to argue, hit me back, or behaved like the psychopath he was.

I don't take my eyes off of the man, and he notices me still watching. He looks back at Katie, and the smile on his face pisses me off. I can't see Katie's facial expressions because she has her back towards me, but I'm sure she was not smiling back at him.

Suddenly, Dominic leans in, spreading his arms and attempting to wrap them around Katie. Katie quickly backs up and holds her hand up. She shakes her head slightly as she talks.

I decide to move closer, slowly approaching them. I'm finally able to hear what Katie is saying, and the next sentences lighten my mood. "Here's the ring. I'm glad I caught you today here, that way we don't have to meet up again."

She hands him the ring and his eyes meet mine. I see the hatred in those pale, ice blue eyes. "Well, I wanted to invite you to an event the university will be hosting." He takes out a card invitation from the inside of his coat and hands it to Katie. I simply role my eyes.

"What do you mean?" Katie asks, scanning the card.

"You'll see." He smirks before leaving the apartments.

Gosh, that man was so annoying.