Chapter 31

Katie's POV:

It was Wednesday, which meant I was going to see Jessica.

"Ms. McGrath, will you be needing my assistance today?" The familiar voice said.

I smiled and my eyes found her darker ones. "As much as I would like you to stay, I'm going to be leaving early today, so sadly, no, Ms. (L/N)."

She frowns at my response. "May I know why?"

"I have a meeting with someone." I simply say.

"Oh. That sucks." She pouts, sticking her lower lip out.

"Stop doing that." I whisper as there were still a few students in the room.

She chuckles and looks around the room, noticing that the last student was already exiting the room.

"Let me close that door." She says, looking back at me.

"For what?" I ask, pretending to not know.

"Really?" Her eyebrows jump up.

I grab my bags and move around the desk, standing in front of her. I caress her cheek with my finger, "I really have to go, but catch me after."

She nods in understanding. "I'll punish you for that." She laughs.

I quickly cross my arms and raise my eyebrow, "Oh really? We will see about that."

I smirk and move past her but she takes my hand, abruptly stopping me from moving.

I turn around and don't have a chance to react when I feel her soft lips on mine. I kiss her back, but quickly move away after a while since the door was still slightly open.

"See you later." She winks, and I turn around, feeling the burn on my cheeks.

***

(Y/N)'s POV:

"Hey." I greet Evelyn when she walks into the apartment.

"Hello, friend. I feel like I haven't seen you for a while." She smiles, locking the door.

"You're exaggerating." I laugh, putting my shoes on. "I saw you yesterday."

"Yeah, like, hey and bye. I'm tired." She mocks, taking a seat on the couch.

"I promise I'll make time for you. I have a busy schedule, you know." I stand up, grabbing my keys.

"You better. I need my best friend. And it looks like Ms. McGrath is keeping you all to herself." She laughs, her statement making me blush.

"She doesn't like to share." I finally say, smirking.

She throws a pillow at me from the couch, and I quickly dodge it. I make fun of her for missing and don't see the next pillow coming at me, hitting me on the face.

She starts to laugh as my face falls to a frown.

"You should get going." She says as she laughs, pointing at the door.

I throw the pillows back at her and quickly exit the apartment.

***

Katie's POV:

I drive to a nearby cafe shop, the one Jessica told me to meet her at.

I take a deep breath; I could feel the butterflies in my stomach going wild. I was nervous, but not in a good way. I felt fear.

I park my black Audi R8 sports car, and exit as soon as I spot the blonde girl through the big glass windows.

I walk into the coffee shop, the sweet smell engulfing me.

Jessica waves at me from her seat and I walk over to her, taking a seat in front of her.

"Thank you for meeting me here. How you've been?" She gives me a half smile.

"Good, thank you. What about you?" I ask, giving her a nervous smile.

"I've been doing fine. Do you want to order something?" She asks.

"Um, sure." I say and she waves a waiter over.

"Hello. Do you guys need something?" The younger girl politely asks.

"Yes, she wants to order something." Jessica signals over to me.

"Do you guys have tea?" I ask, tilting my head a little.

"We do." She responds as her head immediately tracks the door when the  small bell rings. "Finally, I'll have your designated waiter bring you your tea. What type of tea would it be?"

I give her my order and she soon leaves.

"Uh-oh." Jessica says, her eyes staring ahead.

"What?" I ask.

"Don't turn." She demands.

"Why?" I ask, wanting to turn around so bad.

Seconds later, the familiar voice catches me off guard. "Jessica? What are you-" She falls into silence as she recognizes me. "Katie."

"(Y/N) I forgot you worked here." Jessica chuckles, trying to grab her attention.

(Y/N)'s eyes travel back to Jessica's. "You did?" (Y/N) shakes her head in disbelief.

"I didn't mean it like that." Jessica apologizes.

"Okay." That's the only thing (Y/N) says.

"Katie, I'm more than sure this was your order. Tea?" She places the cup down in front of me.

"Yes. Thank you." I politely say.

"Enjoy." She finally says, giving us both a final look.

Once she leaves, I proceed to ask the question. "Why did you bring us here if you knew she worked here?"

"I forgot." She says, staring longingly at the brunette, who was serving other people.

"I'm not stupid, you know. You just wanted to see her." I eye her, feeling a little jealous.

She looks down at her cup. "Well, let's get down to business."

"This is going to be hard to explain to her. You said you didn't want her to know about it yet." I point out.

"We'll figure it out after. Right now I need you to know something." She says, wrapping her hands tightly around her cup.

"Okay. I'm all ears."

"(Y/N) is in danger." She starts.

"What?" I almost spit out the tea. "What do you mean?"

"Please stay calm. I don't need you drawing attention to us." She looks around the shop, concerned someone heard.

"Sorry." I apologize, wiping my lips with a napkin.

"When you guys left, I had a talk with Dominic. I was in his office, and when he left I decided to do my research. I started to check his desk and cabinets, not expecting to find anything, but I did."

My heart rate was beating faster each time with each word. What was she saying? That Dominic was stalking (Y/N)?