Chapter 7 - Sparetime

5 weeks earlier
Magnus

"So, how's the suspension life treating you?"

Leaning up against the kitchen counter, Cameron sipped the coffee he had just poured. There hadn't been a day since the suspension, where Cameron hadn't been visiting Magnus. They had been extremely close ever since the academy and there was no way a small thing like being suspended would break up their friendship.

"Well, at least I'm able to use all my spare time focusing on the case."

Cameron walked over to the table and peeked at the papers in front of Magnus.

"Still not finding anything useful?"

"No."

Magnus pushed the folder away.

"The only fucking lead I have is that sonofabitch in jail. And I have no way of meeting his terms."

"You mean the fact that he wants out during the investigation?"
"Yes. I'm so desperate right now, that I'm willing to do it, but I can't, because I don't have my credentials anymore, thanks to Peyton."

"Hmm... yeah, that sucks... by the way..."

Cameron sat down on the edge if the table, facing Magnus.

"In regard to the perp we picked up at the pawnshop, I've read the examination file, and it appear that he did have drugs in his system during the interrogation... I just don't get it, because I swear I would recognize an addict when I saw him. And he might have been once, but he showed no signs of being one now."

"I agree, Cami... We would have seen it. His pupils weren't dilated or anything. it doesn't make any sense. It's like someone drugged him after we left the interrogation room, but who would do something like that?"

"I don't know..."

Cameron sighed.

"But I really don't like it, Magnus. What if there's a rat in the precinct?"

Magnus locked eyes with Cameron. Neither of them liked the thought of someone from their precinct betraying them. Especially since they viewed most people there as family.

"One thing's for sure. We can't let anyone know about that Alec Lightwood guy. As much as I hate to admit it, he's the best change we've got."

"So what, you want to give in to his deal? Get him out? Magnus you can't be serious?"

If he had to be honest, Magnus had wanted to get him out last time he was there. For the case of course, not because he was the hottest guy he had ever seen. That had nothing to do with it. Not at all.

"Dude, are you there?"

Cameron waved a hand in front of Magnus's face.

"Sorry... I was just thinking. But yeah, I want to get him out. I just don't know how exactly."

With a deep sigh, Cameron replied.

"I do. If you want me too, I'll get him out. I'll make the deal and then take him to you. But you have to promise me he won't get away from you. It's my ass on the line."

"Are you sure?"

Cameron bumped his shoulder against Magnus's.

"For you? Anything. You're the best friend I've got, and you keep my brother happy."

"Thanks Cam. I'll guard him every second of every day. I promise."

"My brother or that Lightwood-dude?"

Cameron chuckled and wiggled his eyebrows at Magnus.

"I'll keep my eyes on Lightwood, and something else on Ryan... no worries..."

With a cheeky smile, Magnus winked at Cameron.

"Please, no details! I really don't want to know anything about what you do to my brother. I've seen the marks on his wrists. I know your kinks. I just don't want to hear about it."

Grinning Magnus replied.

"Deal. Speaking of Ryan, he said he would come by again today, just so you are warned."

"Seriously?"

Cameron rolled his eyes.

"He's been here every day since the suspension. You two aren't getting serious on me now, are you? Because I'm not sure I want my brother marrying a dirtbag like you."

There was a playful tone in Cameron's voice, but Magnus couldn't help but wonder if Ryan had said anything about this getting serious. He hoped not, because the last thing he wanted to do, was hurting Ryan. He loved him, but wasn't in love with him. Actually, Magnus had never been in love with anyone.

"How else should I spend my time, Cam? Your brother is great fucking company."

Magnus chuckled when Cameron shook his body visibly, as if he needed to shake of the thought of Magnus and Ryan together

"And now I need a shower. Thanks for that."

Cameron moved towards the door, smiling lightly.

Magnus had no doubt that Cameron didn't mind them being together. And that he wasn't as disgusted by the idea as he usually pretended to. It was just an act. Cameron was an openminded guy that had never judged his brother or Magnus for their sexuality. It was just an ongoing joke between them.

When Cameron opened the door, his little blue eyed brother stood right outside, one hand raised to knock on the door.

"How cute. He knocks before he walks in."

Cameron ruffled his brother's hair before sliding past him.

"That's because your brother has manners unlike you."

"Yeah yeah."

Cameron waved with one hand over his shoulder as he continued down the street without turning around.

Leaning in closer to Ryan, Magnus caught his lips in a tooth clashing kiss. Ryan leaned into it, moaning lightly. Their tongues danced together in perfect sync. Ryan pulled Magnus closer, turned his head and deepened the kiss.

When Magnus pulled back, he rested his temple against Ryan's.

"God, you do that so fucking good..."

"Well, if you would let me in, I could show you what else I do so fucking good."

Lust beamed in Ryan's eyes and sent electric shocks straight to Magnus's crotch.