bruises and eyeliner Part 9

-Justin's P.O.V-

A few days has passed by since my kiss with Selena. It was obvious that she was trying to avoid me.She was scared. Could hardly blame her, I guess. 

* * * *

I leaned against my locker, watching Selena as Travis snaked an arm around her shoulder, pulling her closer to him. The expression on her face was priceless. Full of hatred and disgust. Dugan stood beside me, fighting with the latest girl in his life over the phone. Travis whispered something into Selena's ear, as they made their way towards his friends. All a bunch of fucking wannabe's if you ask me.

 Dugan slipped his phone back into his pocket, letting out a long, deep sigh as he shrunk back a locker.I couldn't help but laugh.

Girl trouble?" I smirked, turning my gaze back to Selena. 

And yes. I do realize that I'm acting like a psycho.

"Uh huh." He murmured in an annoyed tone. 

His phone started ringing again, just as Selena pulled out of Travis's grip and gave him a sweet smile before walking off, leaving Travis glaring after her.

"Jesus, here we go again!" Dugan barked, letting a few cuss words slip out along with it.

I shook my head chuckling and patted his shoulder.

"Back in a few." I smirked and took off running down the hallway after Selena.

I had to talk to her. Or at least apologize for what happened. 

"Selena!" I yelled, picking up my pace a little and grabbing her wrist lightly.

She spun around in shock. I watched the color drain from her face when she saw me.

"I really have to talk to you." I mumbled, "Just give me five minutes, please?"

She took a quick glance around the hallway before giving me a slight nod and pulled outside, where there weren't as many people. 

"Ok what?" She frowned, crossing her arms over her chest.

 "About the kiss-"

 She cut me off.

 "Just forget about it, ok? It was a mistake." She said, giving me a reassuring smile, "Now if that's all..." 

 Her voice trailed off as she began walking away but I stopped her.

 "What if I can't forget it?" I asked quietly, looking her dead in the eyes.

 "You can't or you don't want to?" She muttered.

 I chuckled, "Both." 

 She sighed and bit her bottom lip. 

 "Justin... If Travis found out about that we're both-" 

 "Dead, I know." I nodded, "But, who says he has to found out?" 

 She looked at me as if I was completely thick.

 "Are you insane?!" She hissed under her breath. 

 "I honestly don't know but I do know that when we kissed, it meant something... It was different and I also know that you feel the same way." I replied. 

 "It didn't." She frowned, looking down.

"Say it to my face." I mumbled, anxious to see if she could do it or not.

 She kept her eyes on the ground. Not saying a word. 

 "Knew it." I smirked.

 "Even if we did uh... Do what you want to do... We'd get caught and believe me Justin, that won't end well, at all." She sighed. 

 Once again her eyes met mine, I smiled and he and put my hands on both of her cheeks. 

 "I won't let anyone hurt you, I'll protect you Selena, I promise you that much." I whispered.

Shocking part?I meant every single word. Sure. I couldn't do much about Travis without blowing the secret but.. I could help her... Make her happy... And most important of all. Love her.

You mean it?" She asked quietly. 

 I nodded, "Cross my heart." 

 She smiled at me. A real smile this time. Showing off her pearly white teeth and adorable dimples.

 "Ok..." She whispered.