bruises and eyeliner Part 22

-Selena's P.O.V-

The rest of the day passed by slowly. People kept questioning me about Travis. Of course, people started spreading rumors about Travis and Justin, that included me. The entire thing was getting out of control. That little scene today with Justin and Travis didn't exactly help either. Hell, if anything, it only made things ten times worse than they already were. Of course, for the length of time that I missed out on school because of my injuries people were bound to notice and eventually figure out that I was in hospital. Once they figured out that, there would always be the one person who'd have the guts to start a rumor about why I was in there. That's what encouraged other people to start rumors about me too. Of course, none of them really had a clue. They just wanted something to gossip about with their friends at lunch. Just something to talk about to pass the day for them. They can believe what they want. Nobody, only me, Justin, Madden and of course Travis knew the scary truth about the real reason why I was in hospital. 

"Selena, are you really pregnant?" One kid asked as me and Justin walked down the school hallway.

I didn't even know the kids name. Once again, it was just another random question. Probably from another rumor that she heard. I tried not to burst out laughing in her face at the though. Me? Pregnant? At seventeen? Yeah, right. I can barely look after myself, let alone baby. I couldn't resist the urge to look at Justin who was grinning trying to contain his laughter. 

"No. No I'm not pregnant." I finally responded, answering her question. 

"Well... At least not that we know of." Justin grinned, winking at me. 

The girl giggled and nodded before walking away. I turned towards Justin and hit him playfully on the arm. 

"Ow." He chuckled, holding his arm, pretending to be wounded, "What was that for?" 

I rolled my eyes, resisting the urge to laugh, "You know what it was for, don't play dumb."

He grinned, kissing my cheek and taking my hand in his, "I know you ain't pregnant though, so does everyone else." 

"You didn't really help though." I smirked.

He shrugged innocently, laughing quietly, "Hey, it'll give them something to talk about."

I rolled my eyes as we walked towards his car, "For your sake they better catch on that it's a joke."

He stopped and turned towards me with a playful smile on his lips as he pulled me closer to him, "Is that supposed to be a threat Ms. Gomez?" 

 I giggled as he lowered his face down to mine, "Maybe.."

 He laughed, his breath hitting off of my face before he pressed his lips to mine. They fitted perfectly together. As usual, it made my legs go weak at the sensation that ran through my body. Nothing but love and bliss filled that one kiss.

Justin pulled away and rested his forehead against mine, "I love you."

 I smiled, "I love you too." 

 He pecked my lips one last time before we got into his car. 

* * * * *

Once we got back to my place, of course the first thing Madden did, as an older brother, he started asking questions.I didn't mind. It was his way of showing me that he cared.

 "So.. Did anything uh.. Interesting happen?" Madden asked as I fell back onto the couch beside Justin.

 I looked at Madden and rolled my eyes.

 "If that you're way of asking if Travis said anything to me then just ask Madden, I don't bite." 

 "Pfft." Justin mumbled playfully under his breath, just loud enough for me to hear. 

 I glanced at him and saw him smirk as he stared at his TV. I stopped myself from smiling and turned my attention back to Madden.

 "Ok, well, did he say anything to you?" 

 "Uh.. Sort of." I shrugged.

 Madden stiffened and stared at me, telling me to continue.I sighed and told him exactly what happened. Word for word and always told him about what Justin done to him in return. 

 Madden fell back on the armchair across from me and Justin and sighed, "At least Justin was there with you this time." 

 I smiled and looked at Justin. 

 "My hero." I joked.

 Justin chuckled, kissing me quickly, "Just call me your own person Batman."

 Madden gagged dramatically, telling us to stop with the PDA shit.I couldn't help but laugh.

 "On the bright side." Madden began, a smile forming on his lips, "I got a letter today.. They set a court date for Travis's trial."

 I grinned from ear to ear. This had to be the best news that I've heard in a really long time. 

 "When is it?" Justin asked.

 "This Sunday at two o'clock sharp at the court house." 

 I smiled, letting my head fall back. 

 Finally.

 I never thought I would get so much pleasure out of the thought of that psycho going to jail. 

 Hey. 

 He brought it on himself.