bruises and eyeliner Part 18

-Selena's P.O.V-

I stood at the doorway of my private hospital room. The room in which I've slept in for the past week and a half. Under observation of doctors and nurses.
I was grateful to be out of that gown that the hospital provided me with. I didn't like it at all. It was a sad excuse for clothing, even if you were in a hospital. Now, I was wearing a pair of loose sweat pants, a tank top and a loose hoodie along with my Nike dunk high tops. Not exactly my usual style but it was comfortable and right now, that's all I needed.

Justin never left my side for the entire week and a half. He stayed in the room with me every night. He even managed to eat the food that the hospital served. Despite how horrible it looked or tasted. He was always there, if I need help standing up or making my way to the bathroom.

Today, I'm finally going home.

Thank god.

The bruises on my face, chest and stomach had faded nicely. There was still an outline of some bruises on my chest and stomach but the ones on my face were hardly visible anymore.

Today will also be the first time that Justin will see me without any makeup or bruises covering my face. To be honest, I was nervous of his reaction. I never thought of myself as beautiful. I was always just plain old Selena.

"I'm ready to go." I said softly, standing awkwardly in the middle of the room.

Justin who was sitting on the bed, staring at his feet looked up. His eyes were on me, wondering up and down my body and finally rested on my face. A huge smile crept onto his lips as he stood up and took a few steps closer to me.
He held out his hand and I took it without hesitation. He twirled me around once, keeping a smile on his lips.

"Wow." He breathed out.

I felt my cheeks burn slightly, "What?"

"You. It's you Selena." He chuckled, "I know I've told you this before but, I'm going to say it again. You are beautiful."

I sighed with relief and he gave me a funny look along with one of his confused smiles.
I guess I had to explain.

I was nervous of your reaction." I admitted, "This is your first time to see me without any makeup or bruises covering my face, Justin. I wasn't sure if you'd like me like this."

"Like what?" He asked softly, caressing my cheek with the back of his hand.

"This.. Just plain old Selena." I muttered.

Justin lowered his face down to mine and leaned in, pressing his lips to mine softly for a few seconds. He pulled away and rested his forehead against mine, holding my face there so I couldn't look away.

"You're not just plain old Selena." He stated, "You're so much more then that. You're the girl that lightens my day. The girl who's smile makes my heart race and who's kisses makes my heart do flips in my chest. You're the girl that I love and don't you ever forget that."

I couldn't help it. I let a tear slid silently down my cheek. A tear of happiness.
Justin let out a soft chuckled and wiped it away with his thumb and pulled me into his chest, running his hand up and down my back softly. Comforting me for a few minutes before putting his lips against my ear.

"Let's go home babygirl."

I smiled and nodded, taking his hand, entwining my fingers with his and walking out of my hospital room.
Justin discharged me from the hospital, giving me a flash of one of his smiles and walked me out through the hospital doors. I grinned, a wave of relief washing over me and breathed in, taking in the air that didn't smell of blood, sweat and disinfectant.

Yep. It's definitely good to be going home, even though I will no longer have the protection of over 100 doctors and nurses. All I'll have is Madden and Justin. But right now, that's all I need.

* * * * *

I sat in my living, leaning my body against Justin, his arm wrapped around me. Madden sat across from us, slouched on the armchair, staring at me.

"You know I'm glad that you're back, right Selena?" He asked.

I nodded, "Of course I do Madden."

"You also know that soon you will have to face the cops and also go back to school, right?" Madden mumbled.

I swallowed the lump that formed in my throat and nodded, "Yeah.. I know.."

My voice came out weaker then I intended. It cam out as a whisper.

"Babe, I know you're worried.. Believe me, I know, but while you're sitting here, dreading the thoughts of going outside, that ass wipe Travis is walking around town a free man without a care in the world. Without a scratch on his body. He doesn't deserve that. He deserves to have the shit kicked out of him and to be put behind bars for a really long time." Justin stated, "I know you're afraid but me and Madden will be there with you every step of the way, no matter what happens. Right Madden?"

Madden nodded with a small smile on his lips, "Yeah."

I sighed and nodded, "I know that. I just want a chance to relax, sleep, just hang out. Is that ok?"

Madden and Justin exchanged looks before nodded and mumbling yeah.

"Thanks."

I will tell the cops eventually but not right now. I wasn't ready.