bruises and eyeliner Part 20

-Justin's P.O.V-

"I'm sorry that I woke you up Justin.." Selena murmured as I walked back to her, carrying her in my arms wedding style.

 I looked down at her. Her eyes shining with tears. She looked so vulnerable at the moment that it broke my heart to look at her.I put a small smile on my lips and kissed her forehead. 

 "Don't be sorry Selena." I whispered, "I promised that I'll protect you and I plan on keeping that promise, even if it means getting up in the middle of the night to comfort you." 

 She smiled and I sat her down on her bed. I sat down beside her and wrapped a arm around her. Watching her carefully as she looked around at the darkness of her room, fear lingering in her eyes. 

 "Babe?" I asked quietly, not taking my eyes off of her. 

 "Yeah?"

 She turned her face towards me. I caressed her cheek with my hand. 

 "Why did you wake up screaming earlier?"

 She sighed and looked down, "It was nothing really.."

 I frowned, "If it was really nothing Selena then you wouldn't have been crying for the past two hours."

 "I just had a bad dream, OK?"

 I put my finger under her chin and tilted her face upwards so she was looking at me. 

 "About Travis? Am I right?" I asked softly. 

 She took a deep breath and nodded her head quickly, "Yeah.. He.. Um.. He was in my room when I woke up.. And uh... He started saying stuff to me like Justin can't save you now then he slit my throat.."

 A shiver ran down my spine as she spoke. I lay down on the bed, pulling her down next to me and wrapped my arms around her waist looking her in the eyes. 

 "Don't think about him anymore Selena... You don't deserve any of this. He will get what he deserves then he'll be out of your life for good. I promise you that baby." I said softly. 

 She gave me a small smile and pecked me on the lips, "You always know how to make me feel better hun."

 I smiled, "It's a gift."

 She giggled and rested her head on my chest, cuddling closer to me. 

 "I love you so much Justin." 

 "I love you too Selena." I replied, grinning at her words, "Now go to sleep, you need it hun." 

 I closed my eyes and slowly drifted off to sleep.