College

Hey. How is everyone? All good? That's good. Now if you read the book before this, I'm proud of you. If you didn't, why did you skip books? Nevermind, here it comes...
Vote
Comment
Share
Jordy xx

_____________________________

Irisa's POV

I couldn't quite decipher what was different. Was it the truly disgusting bed I was currently inhabiting? Was it the fact that I had a room mate who freaked the hell out of me? Maybe it was the fact that it was going to be my first day of University and I'm only 17? Maybe it was the fact that I was nervous out of my mind? Maybe it was the fact that I was in a wheelchair with a broken arm and a broken leg? Maybe it was the fact that three months beforehand my parents, my brother and my boyfriend were killed in a car crash that I only survived because I had a softball helmet on? I didn't know but all the reasons made my life feel like crap. I shuffled out of my bed and pushed myself into the awaiting wheel chair. It sucked having to be in this. I was so active beforehand and now I am immobile. (A/N I'm not trying to cause offence to anyone.) I looked over to see my crazy roommate. Her name was Victoria. She was legit mental. She kept on screaming that the wolf men were going to get her, and something about why did Mitchie have to be a wolf man? It didn't make any sense, but apparently she was a druggy. It made sense. I think. I wheeled myself out of the room after getting changed and to the cafe. Of course then the elevator had to get stuck. It resumed probably 45 minutes later, which made me late for my class. First impressions right? I opened the door to the lecture hall with my good arm and wheeled myself in. The professor did not look impressed.

"Who are you?" He hissed.

"I'm Irisa Charring. Sir." I muttered.

"Ah, Irisa. Why are you in a wheelchair?" He was harsh and I didn't want to answer. I didn't want the waterworks to come on and then all the class to see them.

"I'd rather not say." I mumbled. He grumbled something incoherent before I moved myself to the front. I sat through the whole lecture quietly. Professor Lincoln, as I found out his name, kept on asking if I understood. Like of course I understood. That's why I'm here. About 30 minutes before the lecture ended the door slammed open and in walked the most handsome man I'd seen in my life. And a girl behind him who looked very similar in features.

"A Tristan and Elizabeth please take a seat." Professor Lincoln said kindly to the new comers.
Ok then, only be nice to pretty people, I thought. Next thing I know pretty boy's sitting next to me, the wheelchair freak. I looked back down at my notes, hoping he wouldn't notice me.

"Hi." He said.
Oh no, he's noticed me, I internally hit myself.

"Hi." I smiled at him. Oh my. He has such amazing eyes. They were a deep brown and looked amazing.

"I'm Tristan." He said. Wow, what an amazing name.

"Yeah, I heard. I'm Irisa." I shook his hand with my good arm, tingles shot through my hand. I pulled back instantly and tried to shake them off.

"I'm Elizabeth." The girl next to him said smiling a little.

"Elizabeth can you please answer this question?" Professor Lincoln asked her and her smile lit up. Elizabeth walked up to the blackboard and gave her answer. It was wrong. Even I knew that. Professor Lincoln knew it as well.

"Anyone disagree with Elizabeth Henderson's answer." Henderson. Nice last name. I instantly put my hand up and realised that no one else had.

"Ms. Charring." Professor gave me the pen and I wrote the correct answer on the board. He gave me a nod and I went back to where I was before. Next to the sexiest man on this entire planet. "Ms. Charring's answer is correct. Figure out how she got it. This will be in your final." The professor sat down at his desk and began looking through papers. I looked down at my own book and began doing scribbling in the margins. I was trying hard not to look at Tristan. I just really didn't know what to think about him.

"What are you studying?" His husky voice asked in my ear. I shivered slightly.

"Forensic science." I mumbled.

"Nice." I looked up to see him still looking at me. "You seem very young." He commented and then instantly put a hand over his mouth. "I didn't mean that in an offending way." He said pleading me with his eyes. I just let out a chuckle.

"Don't worry. I'm 17, so a bit young to be here, but it's fun." I said shrugging my shoulders.

"You must be really smart." He said. I shook my head.

"No, I'm just smarter than a normal American teenager." I said. He let out a chuckle and I swear if I was standing up I would have fallen. How is it that someone can get so sexy? Like woah. I sat there quietly for the rest of the lecture. I could see Tristan sneaking glances at me every now and again. The thought made me feel giddy. Finally Professor dismissed us. I began to put my notes into my bag when I could feel someone looking at me. I raised my eyes slightly to see Tristan standing there. When he saw me looking he cleared his throat.

"Um, do you want to go and get a coffee with me?" He asked and my heart was legit beating a hundred kilometers an hour.

"O-ok." I stuttered. He then gave me a smile that instantly made my knees weak.