Chapter 20: Epilogue

A/N I'd just like to say thank you to each and every person that has read this. It's been so special to write this and I loved it so much. Anyway, I hoped you guys enjoyed it as much as I did and always remember you are amazing, especially  and dafnenight who's been here from the beginning. I love y'all, see ya!

Gilbert Blythe swept the Anne Shirley Cuthbert Blythe off the floor and stepped over the threshold of their small, humble cottage. Anne breathed in and it just felt like home. Tree branches reached through the open windows and flowers scattered the shelves. On the wall was a picture of Anne and Gilbert cuddled up when they were younger.

In the corner was a fish bowl with a red and brown fish running around each other. Huddled by the fire were two cats; one red, one chestnut. Outside on the farm you could see two dogs yapping after each other, one a deep brown the other ginger-red. Anne was surrounded by red and brown animals.

"What's all this?" she asked, an eyebrow raised. His eyes immediately lit up and he bit his lip, as if he'd been waiting for this for a long time. He pointed to the fish, "Scarlet and chestnut."

He gestured to the purring cats, "Scarlet and chestnut."

He laughed as he watched the excitable dogs, "Scarlet and chestnut."

He stepped towards Anne, grabbed her hands in his and whispered,

"Scarlet and Chestnut."

The end.