Spoilers : Tia and Ruve being cute together #2

Next day Tia goes to see Ruve in his office and greets him by bowing to him. Ruve is displeased and says in a stern voice "There is no need for you to bow to me when there are only the two of us, so don't do it unless when absolutely necessary." Tia answers "Yes your majesty". Ruve is still looking displeased. "When it's only you and me, why don't you speak to me normally. Each time you address me so formally, it feels like you're trying to distance yourself from me." (aww my grumpy Ruve ^^)

"Oh... I'm so sorry your majesty I'll try to correct it.... I mean..."

Trying to fix her mistake only makes things worse, and suddenly Ruve smiles brightly as he watches Tia fretting and blushing.

"Here I was, trying to grumble a little bit more... but I can't. You're just too cute." says Ruve

"Your hi-highnes...."

"It will become natural as time pass, don't worry. Meanwhile, I will greatly enjoy watching you being shy and awkward." (omg Ruve is... a tease!! )

Tia--> My face was completely red and I fanned myself, avoiding the blue-sea eyes glittering with pleasure.

Tia then notices that Ruve is quite pale. Ruve answers that he's ok, he's just a little tired.

"I've been overworked a bit because of the amount of papers."

"You have to rest. Nothing is more important than your health. Please, stop the papers now" says Tia.

"Alright", answers Ruve. "Let's do this, I will have a break and you handle these papers for me."

"What do you mean? These are matters only meant to be seen by the emperor."

Ruve answers "In the emperor's absence, there was a precedent with an empress taking care of the state affairs. I don't see the problem."

"But that was hundred years ago!"

The sound of Ruve's laugh stops Tia's protesting, and she sees him looking at her with his ocean eyes full of mirth and a big smile on his face.

"Is it okay to use the excuse that it didn't happen in centuries to refuse, empress?"

(OMG... I've melted into a puddle. Please, walk carefully - don't slip on me)

Tia --> That... that was embarrassing. Since when did you become so casual?

Tia is worried about Ruve and tries to convince him to take a proper rest and call the day off.

"I'm feeling a bit sad, says Ruve. Spending time with you has always been the best rest I've ever had. But you're always turning your back on me. Is spending time with me so inconvenient?"

"I don't mean that, I just thought you should relax" says Tia.

"I wasn't in office yesterday. Only today. I mean, I just wanted to spend time with you. I'm sorry" says Ruve sadly. (aaw my little pumpkin Ruve )

Seeing this, Tia sighs and smiles in spite of herself, half frustrated that Ruve doesn't seem to understand how anxious she is about him, half delighted and excited by his heartwarming words.

--> Tia : I never thought that this day would come. I was delighted to be able to see new sides of him.

"Why are you laughing?"

"Nothing. Your majesty, I never thought you could be sad. Don't be. I'm sorry. I came to give you something."

Ruve caughs to hide his embarrassment and takes the silver box Tia is holding out to him with wonder. He unties the blue cord and his eyes widen in amazement at what's inside the box.