Spoilers : Allen POV (1/6)

As the title say, those spoilers are from Allen POV. It may be a bit shocking for Allen's fan so read at your own risk...

[Volume 2 - Chapter 55 of the novel] [chapter 100 & 101 of the manhwa]

Allen's POV 1/6

I was a special child. People often called me a genius. I was always praised, but I remained silent.
I remember the moment of my birth. The conversation between the maids who helped my mother at the time, what my father said when he first saw me, and the pain when I got hit on the butt.

Every book I've read, word or action, is always fresh in my mind.
The day, the time, the weather, the clothes, the objects around me at any time. There was nothing I couldn't remember.

Things that takes people years to learn, I learn it just by looking at it once in a book.

Thanks to the fact that I could memorise anything once I saw it, I was good at grasping people's emotions through their facial expressions and speech.

People admired me, but my family was frightened.

My family...

An ordinary mother with average looks, a sickly brother, and a father known to be smart and well-informed.
I tried not to show my genius, but there was a limit to my acting like an ordinary child in the first place.
I was becoming increasingly isolated.
The smarter I was, the more afraid my father was of a genius beyond himself.

I still can't forget my father's expression when I, a mere five-year-old, managed to understand a very complex formula.
From the beginning, there was no such thing as oblivion for me.

My older brother, who always smiled brightly at his father and mother, made me feel awful. At first, it was just heartbreaking, but I kept getting angry.
I hated those parents who were much less able than I was, and I hated that brother who had no special quality.

When our father chose my brother as our family's official successor despite numerous objections from his relatives in the neighborhood, I had an urge to kill my brother.
Everything in this family would belong to me if not for this loser of a brother.

Of course, entering the administration with this head of mine, it would be simple for me to get a title. But it was no match for the money and power that came with my father's position as a spy. I then made a promise to myself for the future : I'm still young and can't resist my father's decision, so I'll wait until I become an adult.

And then, one day, as I happened to pass through the hall, I heard a conversation coming out of my father's room. A story about her that changed my life.

"Lady Monique. Do you think she could become Alexis's partner?" asked my father.

"What? How can you say such scary things? Lady Monique is the Crown Prince's fiancée. To think of such a thing is treason! Someone could misunderstand your words" answered my mother.

I burst out laughing. Wasn't Lady Monique's the Child of God? And you want to make her, the next Empress, your son's wife. How delusional.
I turned around then stopped.

Unless he was dreaming of treason, my father, who was known for his cool-headedness, would not have uttered such words without thinking.

Don't tell me there's any sign of a breakdown in the marriage agreement between the Monique family and the imperial family ?

His Majesty wouldn't abandon Lady Monique, so that meant it was the Marquis and his daughter who were trying to get out of their engagement with the imperial family.