Spoilers : Ruve's death in the first timeline

“Would you shut up!”
Ruve screamed, shoving the documents at the table.

What's wrong? What Do you mind? Would Your Majesty not have done that?

His majesty, his majesty, his majesty. Ruve was really sick. He pointed the sword at the count who was trying to persuade.

"If you say such a thing again, I will cut it off," the count finally shut up.

However, Ruve felt uncomfortable when he lost his anger for a while.

Why is he doing this? He's sure the royal court said there was nothing wrong with it. Is it because of too much stress? Well, he didn't know that. He haven't had anything he liked lately. The nobles who find fault with everything, and Jieun, who did not know how to handle the work even though she had been on the throne of the empress for several years,make him frustrated.

Would it have been different if Aristia and her fraction were there?

Suddenly an idea flashed through his mind. No, what difference would it have been if there were any close associates of her or His Majesty's father? Even the remaining forces are paying attention to this, and if they had, it would have been worse.

Ruve looked up and shook his mouth. He felt very stressed. They've been forgotten for years.

***

"Your Majesty is addicted right now."

What?

Ruve looked at the man in the quiet, who have honey-colored hair. Not long ago, the young Marquis, who had been expanding his activities a little, looked very serious. His head went blank. Ruve didn't expect to hear such a great story when the marquis asked for a private meeting. He wouldn't dare joke about the empire's owners, and he would have brought up this story because he had some grounds.

Mir and the Marquis told the story one by one when asked to explain it in detail. He said that there was such a thing like poison from kingdom of Lisa. They said that taking it for a long time makes his chest stuffy, dizzy, and fever and also that he often feels emotion change, irritated and angry at trivial things. That's why he have been getting angry for several years, so intense that he couldn't control his emotions?

The Marquis said over and over again. The Duke of Jenna was behind it, and this was a plot that had been going on for a very long time. Then he handed a small bottle to Ruve and saying it was an antidote.

Ruve turned over the books all night. He found the details of the bond between Duke Jenna and the Kingdom of Lisa, as well as the route of the poison. There were also various methods that had been tried through the shroud of phosphorus surrounding it in layers. Various methods through medicine herbs, food, wine, water tanks, etc.

According to the book, it was certain that Duke Jenna was behind the scenes, but he could not judge only the words of the Marquis. Maybe it's a tactic that's aimed at him in reversely, So Ruve thought it would be better to order someone who can be trusted to conduct a covert investigation in order to ensure that everything is safe.

So who's going to take this job?

He recalled the faces of aristocrats working in politics one by one, but there was no such person. In addition, most of the people who had trust were those who had some kind of connection with Duke Jenna. He can't do this. There is not a single reliable person in many of them.

****

No one is there, What have i been doing ? I though i had my own empire, but it's like a country of Duke Jenna.
The work inside the palace was jurisdiction of woman from generation to generation, so Ruve didn't know the detail, even he pretend, he could see there was a problem with the way Jieun handle it.