Spoilers : Ruve's POV - Jeremiah

"Your Majesty the emperor...….”

A tear trickled down his face. This is not what he really wanted. Though he was always overwhelmed by the shadow of his crown, he used to rebel against it all the time, but he did not want to become this way. The bloody path that was given to me was so clear enough to conclude that he did not mean it.

So far, he have never made excuses for himself. It's the past anyway. He know it's no use making a confession, but in the last minute he thought. All that was not really his intention, no, definitely not.

Ruve exhaled his bloody breath, looking at his blurred vision, as if his fury and frustration were fading away. All kinds of memories passed in front of his eyes. The 26-year-old lived a long and short life.

FLASHBACK

"Are you Crown Prince ? Jeremiah La Monique is meeting the Little sun of the empire."

Jeremiah La Monique, my dear mother.

***

When I was always lonely, meeting her was like a welcome rain of drought for me, who was thirsty for affection.

Ruve thought Jeremiah was God's blessing for him. No, maybe it was rather a curse. If he had lived without knowing the feeling of affection, he wouldn't have had to suffer from the belated deprivation.

"You're a bad boy. How many times have I told you not to leave the imperial palace "

Unlike his cold father emperor, Ruve liked the way they looked at each other warmly and treated each other without hesitation. The eyes of the gold were looking warm and friendly. When he saw her making tea even though the taste was terrible, and she pats his head without fear and sometimes scolds him

"Mother is like this." Although she might not have given birth, Ruve thought she was his real mother.

"But more than anything else, I will take responsibility and duty as a mother."

When his 5th birthday was just a few days away, he learned something like a bolt from the blue. his mother's silent voice, a cold and urgent voice, and his comments seemed to chilled his bones to the marrow.

I didn't forget. After Mohu, whom I wanted to be so interested in, was not really related to me. And the fact that half the blood flowing through my body is vulgar.

"Oh, yes. My lady is here."

Ruve squatted under the tree and wiped away his tears alone. He thought he gave up being loved, but he thought it was okay because he had Jeremiah who like a mother, but he hated the baby who smiled with a tiny hand reaching for the Emperor.

Ruve was angry at the way his Majesty, who had always been strict with him, hugged the baby by his hand. His heart throbbed when he saw the majesty warm eyes fixed on the baby.

Why don't you treat me like that? Why is everyone so fond of her? Is it because I was born with low blood?

Ruve body trembled at the thought of passing through his head. Perhaps that's why His Majesty is displeased with him

Is that why you only like that baby who was born in a prestigious family unlike me .

A hot resentment wriggled in his heart.

Why couldn't my birth mother have been born with noble blood like her? Why did His Majesty bring me to be born from a humble woman ?

The tears of sorrow fell down.

He hated the baby who took away the attention that he didn't received even though he tried so hard.

"Your Highness... ...please take good care of my daughter...Please, save her….”

Ruve clenched his teeth. As henodded, wiping away tears, she showed a smile on her painful face. The hand he was holding patted him a couple of times. Her dying voice drained her power from his hand, which called out the name of the Marquis. Soon afterwards, his slender head turned sideways.

Ruve cried, "Don't do this, wake up...."

but he could no longer hear the sweet voice. The golden eyes that were always warm,had already faded away. His leg was feeble and he sank down. Ruve couldn't even breathe because he was so choked with emotion. It was not like this when the Empress Dowager died ( His own mother ) ,but it seemed that the world had been emptied by the death of her beloved mother ( Jeremiah )

At last Ruve managed to pull himself through after a period of incalculable time. Though she scolded him until the end, she believed in him and asked him for such a favor. Then She closed her eyelids that she couldn't close because she was worried about her husband and daughter.

When he came out into the hallway with the last request in his empty heart, Ruve heard a child's laughter somewhere. As he slowly turned, he saw a child smiling happily while holding a doll as big as her body.

"uh? Majesty?"

Ha, that's you. I gave the welcoming child a good hit. Pushed the child who was running with delight. indeterminate anger spilled over to the little child.

Dear Mrs. Marquis, were you only so worried about that? Because of that kid smiling happily without even knowing my mother's death? What is it that you have left me with a single word of concern when I thought of you as a mother? That's nothing better than me, so what's so great about that kid!

The resentment that has been piled up since childhood has exploded at once. Ruve turned around, staring coldly at the child who had fallen on her hips starting to cry.

I didn't want to see her look, nor the golden eyes that proved to be blood-related to her, or, no, just everything that was child-bearing.

"Lady Monique only 12 now, and how can she achieve so well? etiquette, academic, As your companion, she's perfect and nothing to blame."

Ruve turned to the book and stared at the Duke of Veritas. Lady Monique, Lady Monique, a compliment here and there,

" I don't want to hear that".

Ruve was almost in tears. What? Nothing to blame for being your companion?

God. No matter how hard I try, I will never be a prince like the emperor. Why don't you just put her on the throne? It would be much more efficient than teaching things like me.

Ruve grind his teeth and threw the jacket away. The more he mused, the more irritating he was.

"Well, I don't know if it's because I have little memory of my mother, but I haven't felt particularly uncomfortable because she's not there."

A banquet that was formally abandoned as soon as the first song was performed. There I was still her child and I was furious at what I heard while I was looking for her. Ruve couldn't even speak because he was dumbfounded. Yeah Ruve always though that Tia don't know. How much her mother loved her, how much she worried about her that she couldn't close her eyes at the last moment.

You'll never know that you've blown the whole thing away. Now that remark denied your mother's love and the fact that I longed for it.