Spoilers : Ruve's POV - Ji-Eun and him in the first timeline (3/3)

First timeline: Did Jieun and Ruvelis live happily ever after? #3/3

Jieun suddenly stood up and ran outside. The shocked palace officials followed her.

They all heard what happened.

Jieun shouted at them not to follow her then ran alone out of the palace. After walking for a while, Jieun arrived at the royal palace garden and sat. She looked at the sky. When she saw the dark sky adorned with many stars, she once again realised that this world was not her world.

Jieun started crying.

"Mother, Father, Ji Soo."

She had never wanted to become the Empress. Coming home from school, Jieun had seen a coin shining on the for and had picked it up. Then suddenly she had become dizzy and had lost consciousness. And when she had opened her eyes the world around her had changed. A stranger wearing a strange uniform had spoken to her in a strange language, saying that that place was a imperial palace. Jieun had asked to be sent home, but no one had listened to her.

She had tried to sleep with the hope that it was just a dream, but nothing changed even after several days. When anxiety had begun to seize her, a man who seemed in a high position had come over. Wearing fancy clothes without a slightest flaw, he looked cold, and his hair was blue, a hair colour she had never seen before. The man had said that he was the Crown Prince and had told Jieun to stay here for a while because Jieun was the child mentioned in God's prophecy.

Few days had passed, and Jieun had realised that this was not a dream but the reality, and that this place was a different place from the world that Jieun had come from. From the lessons Jieun had learned in class, she also found out that this world was a world similar to the European Continent.

Not long after she arrived, the Emperor had died and the Crown Prince was to be the new Emperor. Jieun had thought that this had nothing to do with her. She just needed to find a way to return to her world. But one day a Duke had come to her and had said that Jieun was the person mentioned in God's prophecy. And that as such she was the partner destined for the Emperor, so a marriage would soon be held alongside the coronation of the new Emperor. At first Jieun had thought that it was something that didn't make any sense.

Jieun had not been willing to marry the cold Prince. A man who hadn't even shed a single tear when his father had died. But the Duke had managed to persuade Jieun. He had said that the Prince was actually a warm person, and although he didn't show it openly, the Prince was very fond of Jieun. He had also scared Jieun. He had said she now lived in a dangerous world, and if she were to leave the protection of the Palace, her life would be extremely hard. Hearing that, Jieun had feel threatened. In a world without the concept of human rights, where Jieun didn't know anything, she couldn't live on her own. So shehad unwillingly agreed to marry the Prince, under the condition that the consumption of the marriage would be postponed. Jiun had convinced herself, according to the words of the Duke, that the Prince loved her.

Even though he looked cold, it it better for a woman to marry someone who loved her than to marry someone she loved, she had thought.

After becoming Empress Jieun had spent time studying and reading books. Jieun had only been able to talk to people of this world - she had no basic knowledge about this new world, and could not read or write. Even though she had studied hard, her abilities had not improved. Even though she had been taught the basic etiquette the Empress had to learn, she had not made enough progress. The only thing in this world that had made Jieun endure was Ruve, who had always listened to her complaints without saying anything. But one day Jieun had met that woman.

One day Jieun had ran out of the palace and hid in the bushes to avoid the servants who were looking for her, she had seen her. With her long silver hair shining in the sun, the woman was holding a beige umbrella in one hand. The girl who was about the same age as Ji Soo, looked small and thin in her dress that almost reached the floor, and she looked incredibly graceful as she walked slowly.