Spoilers : End of the novel and epilogue

It's finally the wedding day. Tia receives a present in a silver box with a green ribbon. It's anonymous. Inside there is a piece of chess, a platinum silver Queen crowned with a tiara of emeralds lying on a verdant green velvet clothe. It's from Allen.

Allen it's you. You've been playing chess with me since our childhood, and you've always given me gift wrapped with green ribbons. Are you ok now?

I recalled the advice Allendis once gave me. He told me that I was unconsciously avoiding the Queen, only using the Knight instead. Allen, I have now unsealed this unconscious fear of mine. So thank you you so much. And sorry again. I sincerely wish you happiness.

As Tia is playing with the platinum Queen, a shadow comes upon her and she's wrapped in a cool scent. Tia smiles for she recognises this familiar scent.

"Majesty."

"What are you looking at?"

"Oh, it's a gift. From a friend."

Tia carefully drops the Queen and look at Ruve. Her heart pounds as she sees that Ruve is wearing the scarf she embroidered for him. Tia is embarassed. Had she known he would wear it on this important day, she would have made it look more beautiful. She sighs with sadness, and Ruve stares at her for a while before saying in a sinking voice :

"What shall I do?"

"Your majesty? What's wrong?"

"You are so beautiful. You're already so popular and I'm afraid the number of your admirers will increase. Why don't we hide you somewhere where no one can see you?"

What? It was fortunate I had a veil on, for a was blushing furiously.

Ruve smiles shyly and comes closer to Tia. Slowly, Ruve carefully lifts her long veil up and is ocean eyes stare at Tia. Tia's heart starts to beat faster. A thrill goes down her back. She closes her eyes and approaches her lips.

"Your majesty, I'm truly sorry. It's time to go down" says Lina.

Tia blushes when she sees Lina. As if Ruve had forgotten about her too, he shakes his head. Then he smiles and bows before Tia.

"Let's go" says Ruve

"Together?"

"Yes, we'll always be together from now on. I came to pick you up."

"Well, but..."

"Sshhh. Forget about customs. I don't want to be bound by something that takes us apart and make you walk alone. Alright, let's go now. Or we'll be late.

How can your words make me so excited?

Tia smiles bashfully and takes Ruve's hand.

"Yes, your majesty."

Lina gives Tia her bouquet. It's a different one from the one she was meant to have.

"This is...?"

"I'm the one who ordered it. I want this one to be your bouquet" says Ruve.

Tia nods slowly.

"I love this one too."

I had originally chosen white baby Camelia, my mother's favourite. But this bouquet was made of brightly blooming silver flowers. I suddenly remembered the night before. The white snow under the moonlight, the silver flowers in full bloom, and Ruve who pledged me an eternal love.

Tia carefully takes the bouquet with a pounding heart, and puts down her veil. Then they both walk the long path that only the bride would usually take under the cheers and shouts of the wedding guests, shocking the poor priest.