Spoilers : Last Chapter : Keirean

Because of the foggy-white tears that obscured my vision, I could not read the last sentence. With gritted teeth, I rubbed the wettening corners eyes raw. I couldn't cry, especially after I had read that wishful message left from my father. Don't cry.
Yes... I won't cry, father.

Mumbling to myself, I attempted to gently fold the silver envelope away- yet, a letter that I had neglected to read before flashed into the corner of my vision.

A hole-in-the-wall kind of secretive place.
As soon as I saw the note, it was as if I had suddenly remembered long-forgotten memories- without a moment's hesitation to gather my thoughts, my hand jerked to the backside corner of a nearby tapestry.

Then, something sounded as if it were unwinding, followed not long after by a door scraped in various places; upwardly concave craters alongside dozens of strings of letters.

"Tia? What is this....?"

"There's something I need to confirm. Will you come with me, Ruve?"

".... Would that be alright with you?"

"It's fine. As I've said since long ago, may the Goddess's blessings be with you."

"If you put it that way, then... gladly."

With a light knod; as his attention diverted, I recited those words I had been bequeathed from my father on the day of my succession.

'Gloria Moniqua, (Moniqua's Glory.)'

Creak.

The door opened.

* * *

"What's this?"

The man who had formerly been silent since their descent into the mysterious room, had asked. While I had been sifting through nearly arranged piles, I paused at his words, turning to face him. The direction he had been pointing towards our family's ancient Coat of Arms- an elegantly decorated jewelry box where four spear stands used to be.

"Ah, that's what I've been looking for. Thank you, Ruve."

Receiving the box from him, I peered at the welded corners. No different than it been when I had followed my father in this room so long ago, where the lock should've been were instead several cogs emblazoned with various phrases.

Of course, it was here, right?
The box would only open with the designated password- the weight of this fact lay heavier on my shoulders still. Here, there was only this chest, one which I knew not of the contents within, and not only this but how father had previously affirmed that he would inform me of its use when the time was right.

I lingered my gaze at this box, that was not very big in size, before carefully tinkering with its gears to unscramble its phrase.

'Superbia teli, (The pride of the lance)'
The second the final word was emplaced, with a rattle, the lid opened. At the object carefully laid upon the navy-blue velvet, I tilted my head.

"What's this...?"

Inside this crate was a wand made of red ore. About the right length to fit in one hand, with small text hurriedly engraved on it. On one tail end it had a silvery azure tuft; it was very beautiful.