This is only the beginning

'They are all very extraordinary people' I state as I turn to Mithrandir and Lord Elrond. We are again, back in his study. Talking about our journey. 'Yes,' Mithrandir chuckles. 'They are true'

'They have all a set of skills, that they can use on the right moment' Lord Elrond explains as he stands from his chair. 'But I want to talk about you, Alastegiel. You told that because of your heritage, you have certain powers?' I nod. 'My Naneth told me so. Because I am a half-blood. Part Elvish, part Maiar' Mithrandir nods his head. 'She is right my Lord Elrond. I can sense some power in her. But what it is, I do not know'

'How do I know, what do I have to do?' I ask, slightly afraid about how they are talking about me. And the powers I suppose to have. 'In time it shall become clear. We do not have the time to train you. With every day Sauron grows stronger' Lord Elrond states gravely. 'We have new clothes for you in your room and what is your weapon of choice?'

I smile at him, thinking back at better days. I trained with a sword and bow. But my favorite was the sword and the small dagger I carried on my thigh. 'The sword' I answer and Mithrandir smiles knowingly. 'I thought so' He says and looks at Lord Elrond. The Elf turns and holds a long sword in its leather sheath. 'This is for you, forced in Elvish fires. Made with Iron from the Misty Mountains. A gift Royalty worthy' I take it with trembling hands. 'Hannon Le' I thank both men. I stand up from the chair I am sitting in and walk with the sheath in my hand towards the door. 'We gather outside in an hour' Lord Elrond says as I walk out of the door. I walk fast towards my room, I was given the day I came here. I close the doors and lay the sword on the bed as I turn towards the closet. I open the doors and see a small, black pants and a green tunic with a black belt. Also, a black corset that goes over the tunic and a black cloak with a hood. My black boots are sufficient. I quickly dress in the clothing they have given me and take a leather bag with spare clothes. I braid my hair in a long braid with also a braid at both sides of my head. I look for the last time in the mirror. 'This is it' I whisper to myself as I fasten the sheath to my belt and take the bag and put it over my shoulders.

I walk through the courtyard towards the gate. The others are already there, ready to depart. They are set to go on foot with only one pony; where Sam takes care of. 'My lady' Sam says. I smile at the hobbit; He has curly thick, brown hair and brown eyes. 'Bill can carry your bag My Lady' Sam says as he gestures to Bill. I do what he says and he fastens my bag to the back of the pony. I stand next to Aragorn. And there was something about him. Something about the way he watched me. Not in a scary way but more in a protective way. I feel safe when he is near. A group of elves, within the front Elrond and Arwen, are approaching. 'The Ring-bearer is setting out on the Quest of Mount Doom. On you who travel with him, no oath nor bond is laid to go further than you will. Farewell. Hold to your purpose. May the blessing of Elves and Men and all Free Folk go with you'

'The Fellowship awaits the Ring-bearer' Mithrandir says. I look at Elrond and Arwen, who smiles at me. I smile back, knowing I maybe not see them again. Frodo is now at the head of our group and leads us out of Imladris. 'Mordor, Gandalf, is it left or right?' I hear him whisper. 'Left' Is the wizards' answer. A bit timidly I walk behind Aragorn and Gimli. With Legolas and Boromir in the back and the other three hobbits and our pony Bill behind Frodo and Mithrandir. We climb the long steep path out of the cloven vale of Imladris. We go through a land of deep valleys and turbulent water. The Misty Mountains rise sharply to our left. 'We must hold to this course, west of the Misty Mountains, for forty days. If our luck holds, the Gap of Rohan will still be open to us. From there, our road turns east, to Mordor' Mithrandir states. And that's our plan. In the days, weeks we are walking. I become good friends with all of the men; being to only the girl is not always fun but the fellowship is my new family. When the dawn is close, we rest at the Eregion Hills. Sam made a campfire and is roasting sausages. Boromir on the other hand, is teaching Pippin sword tuition. Aragorn is also sort of helping, but he is smoking his pipe. Like always. I sit next to him with a smile. 'How is Pippin doing?'

'He is growing' Aragorn says and looks at me. Every time he does that, I get shivers all over. 'Get away from the blade, Pippin. On your toes, good, very good. I want you to react, not think'

'Should not be too hard' Sam whispers and I chuckle. Aragorn raises his brow. 'Elf hearing' I say and he laughs. 'Legolas does that all the time'

'I do not!' The prince shouts from his spot at the campfire. 'See' Aragorn states and I laugh. 'Move your feet!' Boromir yells at Pippin. 'Quite good, Pippin' Merry shouts supporting. 'Thanks!' Pippin states out of breath. Boromir thrusts, catching Pippin on the hand. Pippin throws down his sword, kicks, and lunges at Boromir, tackling him on the ground. 'Get him Pip!' I yell as beside me Aragorn laughs. But a terrifying sound let me look up to the sky. Legolas has heard it too. His eyes are fixed on a distant dark patch. Sam stands, also looking at the sky. 'What is that?'

'Nothing, it's just a wisp of cloud' Gimli shrugs off. 'It's moving fast against the wind' Boromir says worriedly. 'Yes, it is' I whisper. 'Alastegiel?' Aragorn asks with worry in his voice. I stand and so does he. 'This is my father's work' I mutter. 'Crebain from Dunland!' Legolas yells. Aragorn looks at me with wide eyes. 'Hide!' He yells urgently. He takes my hand and with one look we hide under a bush. Frodo slides next to Aragorn. The others are hiding behind rocks and stones as the large crows fly over. Their dark shadow passes over and I hear a harsh croak. They suddenly wheel away, back to where they came from. Mithrandir staggers to his feet. 'Spies of Saruman. The passage south is being watched' We all stagger to our feet and Mithrandir looks at me with sadness. He knows how I feel. Mithrandir turns to Aragorn and then to us. 'We must take the Pass of Caradhras!' As he gestures to the mountains on our side.

Great.

After a couple of hours, we are walking on the snowy mountainside. Legolas is walking on top of the snow, I, on the other hand, do not. And I am half-elven! I wrap my cloak tighter around my body as I hiss from the cold. 'No one told me that I was getting cold'

'What did you except princess?' Boromir laughs. 'Sunny weather and a short horseback ride to Mordor?' He jokes. I chuckle. 'No.. Everything except snow'

Frodo who is walking in front of me, slips. I cry out his name as he scrambles to his feet. 'Frodo!'

'I am alright' He assured. I help him up but I notice that behind me, Boromir picked up the ring! He holds the ring by its chain and he looks at it, as transfixed. Aragorn is slowly approaching him. 'Boromir?'

'It is a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt over so small a thing. Such a little thing'

'Boromir, give the Ring to Frodo' Aragorn says quietly but I can hear the seriousness in his voice. His hand moves to his sword hilt. It looks like Boromir suddenly snaps out of his trance and hands the ring to Frodo. 'As you wish. I care not' He says with a smile as he ruffles Frodo's hair. Aragorn releases the hilt of his sword and our eyes meet. I try to smile the tense air away. But this was so close!

We move further in silence and in time we are struggling through a blinding blizzard, up towards the Pass of Caradhras. Legolas, who walks in the front, still on top of the snow, stops.

'Cuiva nwalca Carnirasse; nai yarvaxea rasselya! Wake up cruel Redhorn! May your horn be bloodstained!'

I know that voice!

'There is a fell voice on the air!' Legolas states urgently as he looks at us. 'It's Saruman!' Mithrandir answers as he struggles in the snow. I hear thunder rumble and rocks and shale fall from above. 'He's trying to bring down the mountain! Gandalf! We must turn back!' Aragorn yells. But Mithrandir shakes his head. 'No! And raises his staff. 'Losto Caradhras, sedho, hodo, nuitho I ruith. Sleep, Caradhras, be still, lie still, hold your wrath'

'Cuiva nwalca Carnirasse; Nai yarvaxea rasselya; taltuva notto-carinnar! Wake up cruel Redhorn! May your bloodstained horn fall upon enemy heads!' I hear my Ada chant. The clouds are flowing from all directions, converging in a stormy maelstrom. A lightning crack exploded on the mountainside above us.

'Ada!' I yell into the storm. 'iell nín (My daughter) You have chosen the wrong path and now you pay the price!' He thunders as a huge snow avalanche comes down on us.