So when I do this, magic comes out?

In the dark, Gandalf lights his staff. The faint light gives the place a scary feeling. But I luckily I am not alone in this! 'We now have but one choice, we must face the long dark of Moria.  Be on your guard, there are older and fouler things than orcs in the deep places of the world' He walks off leading the way up to some steps. 'Quietly now, its a four day journey to the other side.  Let us hope that our presence may go unnoticed'
As we walk through great caverns and over narrow bridges, I talk with Legolas. He knows more stories about my Naneth. 'She was beautiful' Legolas smiles as he looks at me. 'You look like your mother Alastegiel' I feel the heat rising in my cheeks. 'Thankyou'
'Legolas, will you stop making her uncomfortable?' The deep voice of Aragorn rings through the air. In front of me are the hobbits and they are laughing. Now Legolas is the one who colors red. 'I am sorry! Did I make you feeling uncomfortable?' I shake my head as I laugh. 'No Legolas. I enjoy our talks' He breaths deeply in. 'Good' The silence returns as we follow Mithrandir again. The wizard stops and he notices something and touches the rock wall. 'The wealth of Moria is not in gold, or jewels, but Mithril' He shines his staff into the cavern below and everyone looks down in awe at the intense abandoned mines. 'Bilbo had a shirt of mithril rings that Thorin gave him' He exclaims. 'Aww that was a Kingly gift' Gimli answers proudly. 'Yes.  I never told him, but its worth was greater than the value of The Shire!'
By the Valar!
I smile at the look on Frodo's face. The poor boy doesn't know what is happening right now.
After we have rested for a couple of minutes, we continue to climb up some very steep steps. We reach a junction with three doorways in front of them. Mithrandir looks around him puzzled. 'I've no memory of this place'
We sit down and wait. Mithrandir is busy smoking his pipe, looking at the three doorways.
He doesn't know which way to go. 'Are we lost?' Pippins voice echoes through the chamber. 'No' I hear Merry say.
'I think we are' Pip sounds anxious. 'Ssh' I turn around and see that Sam silences them. 'Gandalf is thinking'
'Merry!' Pip cries out.
'What'
'I am hungry' I chuckle at them and turn around, looking at the rock around us. It is fascinating to think they carved it all out. Frodo rushes suddenly to Mithrandir and sits down next to him. I know I am can hear their conversation but I choose not to.

'You okay?' Aragorn's deep voice rings in my ears. I look up at the ranger and smile. 'Yes, I was just thinking about how fascinating it is how they carved it all out' Aragorn looks at the stone walls and sits down next to me. 'I suppose you are right. They were craftsman' He is silence for a while and I hear the hushed tones of Mithrandir and Frodo. 'Your powers?'
'What about them?'
'Legolas told me that you can feel them deep inside you. Most elves with magical powers do. So I wondered maybe you can feel it' I shrug and look away. 'I haven't felt anything yet. Maybe the timing isn't right' I look back at him and his blue-grayish eyes and I feel a tight feeling in my chest.
'Oh! Its that way!' Mithrandir calls out. 'He remembered!' Merry jumps up. Mithrandir is also on his feet and stands at the entrance to one doorway.
'No, but the air doesnt smell so foul down here. If in doubt, Meriadoc, always follow your nose' We all get up and follow Mithrandir out. We come out of the passageway into a great cavern with many columns arising from floor to ceiling. 'Let me risk a little more light' He holds up his staff and shines its light on the cavern. 'Behold the great realm and dwarf city of Dwarrowdelf'

A huge cavern is revealed, filled with ornate columns stretching as far as the eye can see. It is beautiful. 'There's an eye-opener and no mistake' Sam says in awe. I nod my head in understand. Yes it is. We walk through the center of the magnificient city.Suddenly Gimli spots a room in front of them and runs towards it 'Oh!'
'Gimli!' Mithrandir calls out. We rush after him I into the room. Gimme is kneeling in front of the tomb in the centre of the room. 'No, no' He bows his head. 'no'
Mithrandir walks up to the tomb and reads the Dwarven rhunes inscripted upon it. 'Here lies Balin, son of Fundin, Lord of Moria' and removes his hat. Gimli is looking distraught. 'He is dead then. Its as I feared' Gimli cries.  Mithrandir notices a skeleton next to the tomb holding a large book. He passes his hat and staff to Pippin and picks it up. Pages fall out of it. Mithrandir blows off the dust. 'We must move on, we cannot linger' Legolas says quietly to Aragorn. I look at the two men and shake my head. Not now. Mithrandir starts reading the book. 'They have taken the Bridge and the second hall.  We have barred the gates, but cannot hold them for long.  The ground shakes.  Drums' I see that Pippin is walking backwards looking around him. 'Drums in the deep. We cannot get out' I feel the air around us going dark. Everyone is looking around nervously. 'A shadow moves in the dark. We cannot get out. They are coming'
Suddenly a loud echo can be heard as something falls down into oblivion. I turn around a see pippin stand by the well, still holding Mithrandirs staff and hat.
Mithrandir closes the book in anger. 'Fool of a Took' He puts down the book and takes back his hat and staff. 'Throw yourself in next time, and rid us of your stupidity!'
'Mithrandir!' I scold him for upsetting the boy. A drum can be heard and I hold my breath. The drums get louder en faster. I look around and see a blue light coming from Frodo's sword. Sam sees it too and points at it. 'Frodo!
Frodo unsheaths his sword which is glowing blue. A screeching is heard. 'Orcs!' Legolas states as Boromir runs to the doors.Two arrows fly past his head, narrowly missing him, and stick into the door. 'Boromir!' I call out. Aragorn rushes forward but turns around to the hobbits. 'Get back! and stay close to Gandalf!' Mithrandir puts his arms around them. Boromir shuts the doors quickly. Aragorn comes to help him barr it shut. 'They have a cave troll!' The Gondorian yells. Legolas throws axes to them to barr the door. Mithrandir draws his sword.  The hobbits copy. The doors are being battered.  Gimli gets up on Balin's tomb.  'Agh!  Let them come There's one dwarf yet in Moria who still draws breath!'

Aragorn and Legolas have their bows drawn.  Boromir stands with his sword at the ready. As the door is battered down, Legolas fires an arrow through a hole in it.  An orc screeches. Aragorn fires an arrow. 

The door is broken down and orcs run in. They fight off the orcs with arrows and swords. Sam suddenly pauses in the fight.  Aragorn looks over to the door as a cave troll, enters, a broken chain around his neck, bashing the walls with his fists. It roars.  Legolas fires an arrow into its chest.  It sees Sam and raises its club above his head to strike Sam. Sam dives through its legs, confusing it. It turns and follows it.  Aragorn and Boromir pulls on the chain around its neck
'Pull!' Aragorn screams.  The troll stumbles backwards and swings around to face them. Boromir is still holding the chain, when the troll grabs hold of it and uses it to fling him against a wall. An orc advances on the dazed Boromir.  Aragorn throws a knife into its neck. Boromir looks at him.  Aragorn nods. The troll smashes its club into the tomb, causing Gimli to fall to the ground.

And I? I try to survive. I kill and stab and roll over the ground. Trying not to be killed, trying not to be a burden to them, to protect Frodo. The boys; Sam, Merry and Pippin hide behind a pillar. The troll continues to swipe with its club, sending orcs flying and Gimli to the ground.  'Gimli!' I yell. He stands and smiles at me before killing two Orcs. 'I am fine!'
I continue fighting and see Sam fighting the orcs, hitting them on the head with his frying pan. I laugh. 'Good thinking Sam!'
'Think I'm getting the hang of this' he yells back with a slight smile. Aragorn calls out for Frodo and I turn around in fear. No!
He is hiding behind a pillar and I try to get him, to help him. The troll is sniffing around the pillar. Aragorn is also fighting his way over to Frodo.
The troll goes around to the other side of the pillar as Frodo sidles around it. But the troll grabs Frodo in one sudden movement. 'Frodo!' I scream. The troll lets Frodo fall to the floor and Aragorn jumps in front of the troll as he lifts to strike the ranger down. Aragorn drives a stake into its chest and the trolls screams. But it is still standing. Merry and Pippin are throwing rocks at the troll. And now he takes a swipe at Aragorn! The ranger flies across the room and falls down against the wall, knocked out. 'Aragorn! No! The troll pulls the stake out and plunges at Frodo.
I have to do something!

Frodo dodges the troll as it lunges for him again. He tries to run away, but the troll blocks his path.  Frodo falls back against a wall. The troll plunges its stake into Frodo's chest. I hear him gasp and Sam calls out his name. It is al the whole room freezes and I am the only one standing. I feel it. What Aragorn said. The feeling of magic inside me and it wants out. But how do I do that? How do I let it out?
I want it out, I want to use it. To save Aragorn, to save Frodo, to save them all.
'Valar' I mutter. 'Release my magic'
This is how fireworks feels, it explodes out of my chest. A feeling that I am flying! A power I never held accounted for. And it is mine! I can feel and move it! 'Kill' I order it in my mind and the white power hits the troll.
The troll groans and stumbles. I watch it, as it stumbles and falls to the ground.
I was flying because my feet hit the floor again. They all look at me in awe. But now is not the time. Mithrandir hurries over to Frodo.

Also Aragorn crawls over to Frodo. 'Oh no!' Aragorn turns Frodo over.  He gasps and groans. Frodo holds his chest. Sam runs towards his friend and breathe out in relief. 'He is alive!' I hear also Mithrandir breath out. Frodo sits up and looks around 'I'm alright. I'm not hurt'
'You should be dead. That spear would have skewered a wild boar' Aragorn looks at him. 'I think there's more to this hobbit than meets the eye' Mithrandir says with a smile. Frodo parts his shirt to reveal the Mithril vest. Sam touches it. Gimli looks in awe. 'Mithril! You are full of surprises Master Baggins!'
I lock eyes with Aragorn and he smiles. 'I know you could do it' he says quietly as I walk over to him and help him up.
Mithrandir looks around as he hears screeches behind them and shadows approaching.
'To the Bridge of Khazad-dûm'