Mines of Moria

All is see is white and I feel the cold through my clothes. My body shivers as the snow burries me. I try to dig myself out but I do not know which way I have to dig. Everything is white! Suddenly there are two hands coming through the snow, grabbing my forearms. They pull me out of my icy prison. I take a deep breath for air as I look to my savior; Aragorn. He smiles at me and I see that he is relived. 'Are you alright?' I nod my head. 'Yes, thank you Aragorn! I couldn't escape! I didn't know which way to dig!' I ramble. Aragorn chuckles slightly. 'I noticed princess' he says teasingly. I hit he shoulder. 'Hey!' Legolas walks towards us. 'There you are Alastegiel!'
'Yes, I had a difficulty to get out of the snow' I look behind him, as I see the Hobbits standing with Boromir. They shiver from the cold. The wind is also strong again and the snow is falling around us. 'We must get off the mountain! Make for the gap of Rohan and take the West road to my city' Boromir calls out urgently. Aragorn looks at the man from Gondor. 'The Gap of Rohan takes us too close to Isengard' Aragorn yells back.
And that is something we do not want.
'We cannot pass over the mountain. Let us go under it. Let us go through the mines of Moria!' Gimli suggest with a smile. Mithrandir has a concerned look on his face. 'Let the ringbearer decide' he says. We all look at Frodo, who is overthinking is options. 'Frodo?' Mithrandir asks  again. The hobbit looks at the wizard. 'We will go through the mines' Is his decision. Mithrandir slowly nods. 'So be it'
We turn and walk down the path once again. Slowly the snowy landscape is chancing into rocks and dirt.
After a while, Gimli takes of running and seriously I am surprised at the speed this dwarf can run.
'The walls of Moria!' He shouts out in awe. Before us is a great and I mean great carved out of stone sort of wall. But I see no door.
'There is no door' I mumble under my breath and I hear Legolas chuckle. We look at each other and begin also to laugh. 'What's so funny?' Boromir says, raising a brow. 'Nothing' I see, trying to calm myself.

We make our way down, walking next to a black lake. Mithrandir is the first to touch the smooth rock. And when he does, faint lines appear. It looks they are made out of silver and there running through the stone. But I know what that is, I read it once in a book of mine. 'Itidin' Mithrandir and I say on the same time. 'You are right Alastegiel, Itidin. It mirrors only starlight and moonlight. A large moon rises over the mountains. The lines grow broader and clearer, forming a glowing arch of interlacing
ancient letters and symbols.
It is beautiful. Like Varda herself is painting.
'It reads, "The door of Durin, Lord of Moria. Speak, friend, and enter." Mithrandir reads aloud.
'What do you suppose that means?' Merry asks suddenly. I jump a little, scaring of his voice. I never noticed the hobbit. But it is all forgotten when he smiles at me. 'It's quite simple. If you are a friend, speak the password and the doors will open' The Wizard speaks confidently. He raises his arms. 'Annon edhellen, edro hi ammen!' He chants but nothing happens. The wind blows cold and I shiver from it. Mithrandir chants again, but still nothing happens. He is mumbling spells in his efforts to open the door. I turn around, leaving him in his frustration. I sit down next to Frodo, he is looking at Aragorn and Samwho is with packs, pots and pans at his feet, watching sadly as Aragorn un-saddles Bill the pony. Aragorn whispers something to the pony and although I am half elven and my hearing is better than most people, I try not to listen. I hear some words as mine and he knows his way home. But again, I try not to listen. Aragorn slaps Bill onthe rump. Bill goes trotting off. Sam watching Bill disappear into the darkness.
The sound of water splashing makes me look to the lake. Merry and Pippin are tossing stones into the lake! I stand up, wanting to make my way over to the two young hobbits. But Aragorn is faster. Pippin is about to throw another stone, but Aragorn grabs his arm.
'Do not disturb the water' his tone is ominous. He looks at me and I nod. 'Boys, come along now. We do not know what lives in these waters. I take the boys with me to Frodo and now also Sam. 'It's a riddle!' Frodo mumbles quietly and stands up. Gandalf raises his eyebrows as he looks at the young hobbit. 'Speak, friend, and enter. What's the Elvish for friend?' He explains happily. Oh, Mellon' Mithrandir answers and with that, the rock face silently divides in the middle and two great Doors swing outwards. Revealing a blackness deeper than the night. One by one we enter the blackness and I have a strange feeling. I look back at the lake but Boromir grasps my hand. 'Come on' he says softly as he drags me with him into the dark. We step warily into the darkness of Moria, a dank cavern, with winding steps leading deeper into the mountain.
'So, master elf, you will enjoy the fabled hospitality of the dwarves; roaring fires, malt beer, red meat off the bone. This, my friend, is the home of my cousin, Balin and they call this a Mine' He snorts. 'A mine!'
A Glow from Gandalf's Staff suddenly lights the chamber. I gasp for breath. This is no mine! Tears burn in my eyes by the sight before me. Everywhere I look; dwarf skeletons. The rusting armor and shields are peppered with arrows and axes.
'This is no mine, it's a tomb!' Boromir says grimly, pulling me behind him. 'Oh...no...no..no!' Gimli cries out in horror. Legolas pulls a crude arrow out of a skeleton. 'Goblins!' He exclaims, showing us the arrow. The others draw their swords and I follow the example. We back away towards the entrance. 'We make for the Gap of Rohan. We should never have come here!' Boromir cries out.
Frodo is suddenly pulled to the ground. A long sinuous tentacle is wrapped around Frodo's ankle and is dragging him towards the lake. He cries out as Aragorn and Boromir rush forward! I pull the other three hobbits behind me, ready to defend them.Aragorn severs the tentacle holding Frodo, and pulls him to safety. Boromir hacks at the other writhing limbs. More tentacles ripple out of the Lake! The dark water boils as the hideous beast lashes out at us! Again the creature grabs Frodo and pulls him to the lake, he is flung in the air as we battle the creature. Aragorn hacks at a tentacle and Frodo is released, falling into Boromir's arms.
'Into the mines!' Mithrandir calls out. 'Legolas!' I hear Boromir yell. An arrow flies past me into the creatures head and Aragorn and Boromir race out of the water with Frodo. I utter the other hobbits inside the mine as the men follow. With a shattering echo, the creature rips the doors away, creating a rock slide that crashes down the Cliff Face. Within seconds, tons of rock seal the doorway, throwing us into pitch blackness. A faint light rises from Mithrandirs staff, throwing a creepy glow across the old wizards face. 'We now have but one choice...we must face the long dark of Moria. Be on your guard, there are older and fouler things than the Orcs in the deep places of the world' he says as he starts to walk. We follow him, crossing a precarious bridge above deep mine workings. 'Quietly, now. It's a four day journey to the other side. Let us hope that our presence will go unnoticed'

But I feel in my bones that is not the case. Here dwells something, someone who can't get out.