One last look

Riding through the plains of Rohan, I follow Mithrandir and the others into the forest. Also Théoden and Éomer are with us. They, the king and his nephew look warily. While my fellowship has rested for a little while and hope shines in their eyes. Because Mithrandir has returned. But nervous feeling is creeping up my body. Because we are riding towards the place in once called home. The end of the forest, followed by Isengard, comes into view. Hobbit laughter is heard.
Hobbit?
Merry and Pippin sit on top of the Isengard storeroom and by the looks of it they are feasting. We approach the crumbled gates and I look around. Once stood here a beautiful garden, filled with flowers and trees and life.
But now, I sense only dead.
Welcome, my Lords and Lady to Isengard!' Merry happily announces. I see that Aragorn grins at him, clearly relieved that they are save. 'You young rascals! A merry chase you've led us on, and now we find you feasting and, and smoking!' Gimli cries out. 'We are sitting on the field of victory, enjoying a few well-earned comforts. The salted pork is particularly good' Pippin says slightly inebriated. 'Salted pork?' Gimli aks with curiosity and he smiles. I shake my head. Hobbits..
'We're under orders from Treebeard, who's taken over management of Isengard' Merry continues. 'Come on boys' Aragorn states and gestures them to jump of the wall. They do what he says and Merry mounts my horse, so he sits in front of me. Pippin mounts Aragorn's horse. We ride further towards Orthanc. I swallow and look to the tower, this was once my home. 'Young master Gandalf, I'm glad you've come. Wood and water, stock and stone I can master, but there's a Wizard to manage here, locked in his tower' A mighty Ent steps forward. 'We helped Treebeard by defeating Saruman' Merry says quietly and I squeeze his shoulder. 'Show yourself' Aragorn calls out. 'Be careful; even in defeat Saruman is dangerous' Mithrandir points out. 'Then let's just have his head and be done with it' Gimli huffs. 'No, we need him alive. We need him to talk' Mithrandir says. I look up, towards Ada's balcony and there he is. Looking down at us. 'You have fought many wars and slain many men Théoden king, and made peace afterwards. Can we not take council together, as we once did, my old friend? Can we not have peace, you and I?" Ada calls out.
'We shall have peace' Théoden responds softly. 'We shall have peace when you answer for the burning of the westfold, and the children that lie dead there. We shall have peace, when the lives of the soldiers, whose bodies were hewn even as they lay dead against the gates of the Hornburg, are avenged! When you hang from a gibbet for the sport of your own crows, we shall have peace' Théoden says more assured. 'Gibbets and crows? Dotard!" Ada calls out. 'What do you want Gandalf Greyhame? Let me guess: the key of Orthanc, or perhaps the key of Barad-dûr itself, along with the crowns of the seven kings and the rods of the five wizards!'
'Your treachary has already cost many lives. Thousands more are now at risk, but you could save them Saruman. You were deep in the enemy's council' Mithrandir shouts towards Ada. But Ada grins and his eyes meets mine. I quickly look to the ground. 'So you have come here for information. I have some for you' Ada holds out a glowing Palantír and stares at it. 'Something festers in the heart of Middle-Earth. Something that you have failed to see. But the Great Eye has seen it. Even now he presses his advantage. His attack will come soon' Mithrandir moves Shadowfax forward. 'You're all going to die!' Ada calls out. But you know this don't you, Gandalf!' Ada sneers at Aragorn. 'You cannot think that this Ranger will ever sit upon the throne of Gondor. This exile, crept from the shadows, will never be crowned king! Gandlaf does not hesistate to sacrifice those closest to him, those he professes to love. Tell me, what words of confort did you give the halfling before you sent him to his doom?' I can hear Mithrandir sigh. 'The path that you have set him on can only lead to death!' And then Ada turns a little so he looks directly at me. 'And then you, my daughter!' He sneers. 'You who has the power to fight these wars, but can't control them. You who is a heir to a fallen kingdom' He laughs. 'You shall not survive this war' The familiair feeling of my newfound power spreads around my body. But I inhale deeply.
I shall not murder my own father.
'I've heard enough." Gimli calls out. 'Shoot him. Stick an arrow in his gob' He says to Legolas and the prince reaches for his quiver but is stopped by Mithrandir. 'No' he says while he lays a hand on Legolas his arm. 'Come down Saruman, and your live will be spared'
'Save your pity and your mercy; I have no use for it!' Ada shouts back and shoots a fireball from his staff. The flames engulf Mithrandir and Shadowfax. The flames die out, revealing an unscathed Mithrandir 'Saruman, your staff is broken' Mithrandir calls out and Ada's staff shatters in his hand. Suddenly Gríma approaches behind Ada. Théoden rides forward. 'Gríma, you need not follow him. You were not always as you are now. You were once a man of Rohan! Come down' The king calls out. Gríma bows to Théoden. 'A man of Rohan? What is the house of Rohan but a thatched barn where brigands drink in the reek and rats roll on the floor with the dogs? Victory at helms deep does not belong to you, Théoden, horsemaster! You are a lesser son of greater sires' Ada sneers at the king. 'Gríma, come down. Be free of him' Théoden again calls out.
'Free? He will never be free!' Ada laughs. I see that Gríma says something and Ada slaps him, causing Gríma to fall to the ground. 'Saruman, you were deep in the enemy's council. Tell us what you know!' Mithrandir calls out. 'You withdraw your guard, and I will tell you where you doom will be decided' I see movement next to Ada, Gríma is standing on his feet again. 'I will not be held prisoner here' Ada continues and Gríma lunges at my father, stabbing him twice in the back.

I know I hate him. But still, when I see my father fall of the tower, I breathe out. Holding back a scream.
An arrow flies past me and hits Gríma, who falls also down.

'Send word to all our allies, and to every corner of Middle-Earth that still stands free. The enemy moves against us. We need to know where he will strike' Mithrandir announces as Treebeard appears again. 'The filth of Saruman is washing away. Trees will come back to live here. Young trees, wild trees' A shine of light catches my eye, but the same does Pippin as he dismounts Aragon's horse. 'Pip!' I warn him. Pippin picks up the orb. It is one of the Palantír, Ada's lookout in the world.
'Bless my bark!' Treebeard exclaims.
'Peregrin Took, I'll take that, my lad. Quickly now!' Mithrandir calls out to the boy. Pippin reluctantly hands Mithrandir the orb. And the wizard covers it up in his cloak. With one last look at the tower, I turn my horse around and we ride back to Edoras.