I see you

'Are you alright?' A warm voice asks me, coming to me in my dreamworld. 'Yes' I breathe out as I open my still tired eyes. 'Your back' Her voice falters. 'They whipped me. As punishment' I whisper, It is until now that I see the person, whose voice I heard. A young woman, with long blonde hair. Almost the same length as me. Mine is a bit longer though. She sits on my bed in a dark room, a fire is burning and the voices of people talking can be heard. 'Gríma brought you here' Is what she answers. 'I know' I say. She stays silent for a while. 'My uncle told me to wake you and get you ready. It is almost midday' Carefully I try to sit, pain flashes through my back. I grit my teeth as I try again to sit up straight. 'My name is Èowyn'
I know of her! She is the niece of the king of Rohan. It was written in one of the historical documents Ada gave me to read.
Not ada, Saruman the crazy.
'Alastegiel' I say. 'You are an elf right?' She points at her own ears. 'I saw your ears. And you are beautiful, non human like' I grin at her and bow my head slightly. 'Thanks you my lady'

Èowyn helps me stand and also helps me dress up in a simple purple dress. It's made out of wool and that's good. Because here on the plains, the winds are harsh and cold. When I am fully dressed in corset, underskirt, dress and new leather boots; we step out the door. As we walk into the hall, we hear commotion. Eowyn looks at me in distress. Quickly we make our way to the hall. 'I will draw you, Saruman, as poison is drawn from a wound!' Someone familiar shouts. Mithrandir?
'Aah' Now I can see the king, as does Èowyn. She rushes forward and tries to go to her uncle. But Aragorn stops her.
Aragorn, he is here! And so are Legolas and Gimli! The dwarf holds a filthy-looking man under his foot, kept on the ground and nowhere to go. 'If I go, Théoden dies' The king hisses in Sarumans voice. 'You did not kill me. You will not kill him' Mithrandir says angrily. 'Rohan is mine!' Saruman hisses. 'Be gone!' Mithrandir shouts. Théoden jumps up at Mithrandir, yelling, but flies back. Èowyn rushes to her uncle, whose face begins to change, and soon he looks normal again. She catches him as he almost collapses. 'I know your face. Èowyn — Èowyn' he mutters as he looks up. 'Gandalf?' He asks. 'Breathe the free air again, my friend' Mithrandir says, stepping forward. 'Dark have been my dreams of late'
'Your fingers would remember their old strength better — if they grasped your sword' A man, dressed in important clothing, brings the king his sword and Théoden draws it. He examines his sword, then turns his gaze towards the cowering filthy man. 'You' Théoden hisses. The important looking man and some others grab the filthy man from under Gimli's foot. They drag him to the doors of the hall, what others open and the filthy man is thrown out of the hall and he rolls down the stairs. I walk out of my hiding spot and Legolas is the first one to see me. 'Alastegiel!' He calls out with joy in his voice. 'Argh! I've only ever served you my lord' I hear the filthy man scream in agony. 'Alastegiel, what happend to you?' Legolas touches my face as he sees the bruises. 'The filthy man' I ander him as I look to Théoden. He steps outside the hall with Aragorn, Gimli and Mithrandir behind him, Aragorn has not seen me yet. 'Gríma?' Legolas his eyes widen but soon the surprise makes room for anger.
'Your leechcraft would have had me crawling on all fours like a beast!' Théoden yells. 'Send me not from your side!' Gríma shouts in despair. Something happens and I move but Legolas grabs my shoulders. 'Alastegiel, what did he do to you' I shake my head. 'No my lord! No my lord. Let him go' I hear Aragorn shout. Again voices can be heard and Gríma shouts. 'Get out of my way!' The sound of a horse riding away is heard and then. 'Hail, Théoden, King!'

He is gone.

I look at Legolas and tears well up in my eyes, now I know I am truly save. For a while. 'He goes to Saruman. The Uruks, the brought me to him. He let Gríma whip me' Legolas growls something. The weight of this truth let me sink on my knees. On the exact moment, Gimli and Aragorn enter the hall again and Théoden screams in agony.
'Alastegiel?' His voice is more than a whisper and he looks at Legolas. 'Gríma and Saruman' is all the princeling says before Aragorn is on his knees next to me. Éowyn is already here. 'I did the best I could. But look' I feel his hands on my back. 'The wounds are re-opened' Aragorn lifts me up with ease. 'Do what you must. We are with Théoden' Mithrandir says.
Now I realize that the wizard is with us again and I smile happily. 'We talk later dear child' he says as I nod in understanding. 'The guest room?' Is all Aragorn asks Éowyn and she nods. Aragorn carries me through the corridors towards a big room with four beds.
This is where they shall sleep.
'Easy' He mumbles when he lays me down on the bed. 'Can you turn around?'
'Yes' I say and turn around with difficulty so I lay on my stomach. When his graceful hands unbutton my purple dress so he can tend my broken back. 'How many times?' He whispers as his fingers move slightly across the wounds. 'I do not remember.. maybe eight?'
Aragorn curses something I shall not repeat. But when he is done with the bandage, he helps me turn around. 'Alastegiel, I could have killed him. But instead I let him go before Théoden could kill him' he says, gently stroking my cheek as I grab is hand. 'I understand. You didn't know' I yawn. Aragorn chuckles. 'We talk later, sleep Alastegiel. I will be here when you awake'