The journey continues

As we move to the river bank, the other elves follow. 'Dartho' (Wait) Lord Celeborn calls out. I stop and turn to him, as do the others. He gestures to his servants, who are standing behind him and they walk forward. Each of us is given a forest green cloak and the servants fasten it around us with a green, silver-veined leaf-brooches. 'Hannon Le' I thank the elf maiden quietly. She smiles a sad smile and steps away from me. 'Never before have we clad strangers in the garb of our own people. May these cloaks help shield you from unfriendly eyes' Celeborn states proudly. I look at the others, the hobbits are smiling proudly and a little bit in confusion as Gimli grunts. I smile at Aragorn, Legolas, and Boromir. They understand. We walk further and the elves follow. I think i do it unconsciously, but I stay close to Aragorn. our talk from last night. It was comforting, my soul is not restless anymore. When we arrive at the river, servants are busy preparing for our departure. Legolas, who is always fast, is rushing forward and starts helping. The shift parcels into a set of boats. Merry and Pippin are also looking while the others are helping. I walk to the far right, away from the elves and my Fellowship. I look out over the river. Shortly we will depart soon and danger is already lurking close. 'Lembas! Elvish Way-bread. One small bite is enough to fill the stomach of a grown man' Legolas calls out, showing some of the bread to Merry and Pippin who are looking at each other. Legolas walks away from them as I chuckle. I touch the gem in the middle of my new necklace. An heirloom she said.

But from who?

'Alastegiel!' Aragorn calls out and I look at the direction of the sound. The others are already in the boats. I stand up and quickly join them. I sit down in the boat next to Frodo and Aragorn on the other side. 'Every league you travel south, the danger will increase. Mordor Orcs now hold the eastern shore of the Anduin' Celeborn says. Aragorn nods his head and his paddle splashes into the water and quickly the others follow. We row through the river, past the Elves onshore. The sun in reaching its rosy fingers over the hills; Caras Galadhon rises far away, in the mists. Voices sing with the rising dawn. 'Ai! laurië lantar lassi súrien, Yéni úntimë ve rámar aldaron! yéni ve lintë yuldar avánier mi oromardi lisse-miruvóreva. Andúnë pella Vardo tellumar nu luini yassen tintilar i eleni' (Alas! Like gold fall the leaves in the wind, long years numberless as the wings of the trees! The long years have passed like swift draughts of the sweet mead in lofty halls beyond the West, beneath the vaults of Varda wherein the stars tremble in the song of her voice) The voices continue. A song of the sorrow of the Elves, of Lothlórien. As the boats move further downstream. We sail out onto the river and leave Lórien behind. White mountains rise starkly beneath blue skies and green trees. We pass out onto a larger branch of the Anduin beneath sheer cliffs.

When Darkness falls, we rests on a small island. I looks out from behind a large rock at a log floating in the river. Small hands clutch it, and the top of a head is barely visible over the log's edge, where eyes glint softly.
'Gollum. He has tracked us since Moria. I had hoped we would lose him on the river. But he's too clever a waterman' I look at Gollum. Who now disappears under water again. 'And if he alerts the enemy to our whereabouts it will make the crossing even more dangerous' Boromir says stepping forward, now standing next to me. 'Minas Tirith is the safer road. You know it. From there we can regroup, strike out for Mordor from a place of strength' Boromir says urgently to Aragorn. But Aragorn looks at the water and than at me. "There is no strength in Gondor that can avail us'
'You were quick enough to trust the Elves. Have you so little faith in your own people? Yes, there is weakness. There is frailty. But there is courage also, and honor to be found in Men. But you will not see that." Aragorn turns away, but Boromir grabs his arm and turns him. 'You are afraid! All your life, you have hidden in the shadows!'
'Boromir!' I call out in anger. How can he speak at Aragorn this way?
'Scared of who you are, of what you are' Boromir releases Aragorn, who turns away. 'I will not lead the Ring within a hundred leagues of your city!' Aragorn suddenly yells as he turns back around. Boromir says nothing and Aragorn walks angrily away. I put my hand on Boromir's shoulder. 'You know he just want to do the right thing. To keep your, his people save Boromir'

The next morning we pass through a canyon. Aragorn, who is paddling in the front of our boat, lifts his head and smiles at me and taps Frodo on the shoulder. 'Frodo, the Argonath! Long have I desired to look upon the kings of old. My kin'
'I have read about them. A strong and powerful nation they build' I say, remember what was written about them. I look up in awe at the towering splendor of the Argonath. Two majestic statues proudly stand on each side of the Anduin. Their left arms are held aloft, their palms facing outwards in gesture of warning. We sail further, Aragorn leading us on.

Again we make camp at the banks of the river. Sam and I are busy making a fire, as Aragorn speaks up. 'We cross the lake at nightfall. Hide the boats and continue on foot. We approach Mordor from the north'
'Oh, yes?! It's just a simple matter of finding our way through Emyn Muil? An impassable labyrinth of razor sharp rocks! And after that, it gets even better!' Gimli grunts. 'Festering, stinking marshlands, far as the eye can see!'
'That is our road. I suggest you take some rest and recover your strength, Master Dwarf' Aragorn says decisively. 'Recover my...?!' Gimli grunts and huffs as he sits down next to me. I can help but smile at Aragorn. 'We should leave now!' Legolas urges Aragorn. 'No. Orcs patrol the eastern shore. We must wait for cover of darkness'
'It is not the eastern shore that worries me. A shadow and a threat has been growing in my mind. Something draws near... I can feel it' Legolas gaze wanders over the dark line woods. 'He is right Aragorn. I feel it too'
'No dwarf need recover strength! Pay no heed to that, young Hobbit' Gimli says to Sam, who looks at me with a slight smile. I shake my head.
Gimli.
Merry returns with more wood for the campfire and throws it careful into the fire as he looks around.
'Where's Frodo?'

O Valar no!

'Boromir is also gone!' I shout as I see Boromir's shield, lying with his baggage. 'We have to find them! Boromir is controlled by the ring!'
'You are right, come on!' Aragorn says and gestures me to follow him. The others run behind us.  We split up and I stay behind with Aragorn. 'Which way?' Aragorn looks at the ground and the trees. He takes a handful of sand a let it fall out of his hand. 'East'
So we go east. More things are happening in the forest, sounds become more louder. We arrive at a sort of open spot in the middle of the forest. A stairway runt up through its center, to a seat dwarfed by stone eagles on top. And we find Frodo, who is trying to catch his breath.
'Frodo!' I yell and run towards him. 'It has taken Boromir!' He says startled. I want to approach him but Frodo scrambles away. 'Where is the ring?' Aragorn asks intensely. Aragorn also makes his way over to Frodo. 'Frodo!' The hobbit stops and looks at us with big, afraid eyes. Aragorn looks at me. 'We swore to protect you'
'Can you protect me from yourself?!' Frodo holds the ring upon his palm. 'Would you destroy it?'
I look at the small golden ring, as does Aragorn. The ring starts to whisper. 'Daughter of Saruman. Alastegiel, Alastegiel' Aragorn reaches out to the ring. Clearly having trouble with it. Is it also whispering his name?
With both hands, Aragorn closes Frodo's hand over the Ring and pushes it to the Hobbit's chest. 'We would have gone with you to the end, into the very fires of Mordor." He says as he smiles at me. I look back at Frodo. 'I know. Look after the others, especially Sam. He will not understand' I nod. Frodo's sword Sting begins to glow. Orcs.
'Frodo!' I whisper. Aragorn sees it too en draws his sword. 'Go, Frodo. Run. Run!' He yells as the hobbit runs from the hilltop. I draw my sword also and Aragorn and I walk out from beneath the ruin and find a troop of Uruk-hai advancing towards us. Aragorn calmly makes his way over to them, touching his sword to his forehead. 'Gurth an Glamhoth!' (Death to the orcs!) I hiss as the Uruks attack. We cut several down, but they are with to many and force us up the stairs of the seat. Luckily Legolas and Gimli arrive as wel and run forward from behind the ruin. Legolas shoots several Uruk-hai; Gimli lands blows with his axe. Aragorn! Alastegiel! Go!' Legolas yells. But we can't. There are to many. I kill an Uruk who had closed in on Aragorn. He smiles thankfully and a strange feeling occurs me.
Three loud horn blasts are heard.
'The Horn of Gondor!' Legolas yells. 'Boromir!' I call out. Aragorn is faster and runs down the slope towards the sound as Legolas, Gimli and I follow. The horn sounds again. We are close, I feel it. I run past Aragorn, who fights an Uruk off and I am just in time, seeing Merry and Pippin also fight. 'Boys!' I yell. Boromir is on his knees, but gets back up and swings his sword at another Uruk. Another arrow imbedded itself in Boromir's chest. The man of Gondor falls on his knees and stays there. His horn lies next to him, cloven in two. 'Boromir!' I yell in anger and fear as I slaughter Uruk after Uruk. 'Alastegiel!' Merry yells and I look at them. No!
They are taken by the Uruk!
'The girl!' Their captain yells and they run at me, trying to take me with them. 'Boromir! Aragorn!' I yell in fear and anger. But they swoop me of my feet and I hang over someone's shoulder.
'You are going back to your Ada' An Uruk spits in my face before something heavy lands on my head and darkness takes me.