Our Future?

It was a fine day. The breeze blew from the ocean, past the wilderness, to the village. A certain ice-wielding woman stood on her balcony appreciating the fresh air. Gale, the wind spirit, orbited her and sent her a letter. Reading it made her smile.

Beneath the balcony lie a little garden, where a (h/c) haired woman is reveling in the warmth and fragrance of the ambiance.

"As much as I like to be with you, I'd choose this warmth over the coldness of your castle." she joked.

Elsa bent down and retorted, "Then from now on, sleep outside."

You cracked up at this.

"What's your plan for today?" you asked.

"We're traveling. Don your fairest outfit. We're leaving to come together with my sister."

"Meeting your sister!? All I have are Northuldra clothes! What am I supposed to do!? This is too fast Elsa!"

"Settle down. Arendelle is launching a gala and Anna asked for my help. It's her first time organizing one. That's all there is to it." She whirled about and said. "Anyways, you look excellent whatever you adorn."

She walked inside after saying so.

"Are you falling for me now!?" you teased.

Elsa didn't answer but a snowball flew out the balcony and hit you. You simply laughed at this.

-------

"Are you ready to go?" Elsa asked.

"I think so." You answered.

"Then let's go."

The two of you rode the nokk and traveled by sea. It galloped on the surface of the water. It sprinted so fast, you clutched Elsa's waist tightly.

"Afraid of the water?" Elsa mocked you.

You laughed. "You do know what happens to fire if they're doused by water right?"

"Not if you're too hot. You'll turn water to steam then."

"Are you saying I'm hot?" you smirked.

She laughed. "You're too full of yourself aren't you"

She made the horse run faster which made you cling to her more.

"Your sister confided to me that your father was a God," Elsa said after a short silence between you.

"Yeah. The God of the underworld, Hades. A villain to others, but he was the one who taught me how to control my fire, although we can't use magic at the isle, he described how it feels. Mainly because it was him I got it from. But hell, that was a lot better than Mal. She felt like he abandoned her. I found her at the isle when we were kids, we didn't know we were related then but when our eyes met for the first time, we felt we had a connection. I guarded her with my life since then. Until the Auradon thing."

"You've had an adventurous life, not that I say it's fortunate for you, but you're unlike me. I've dwelled in fear, constrained in my room. Nobody to run to or tell me it's okay to have these powers. I was terrified. I even harmed the people I've loved."

"We both had it hard, but we lived to tell our stories and we will make more." You leaned your head on her shoulders.

She patted your hand.

"We're here," she said.

You both jumped off the horse and marveled at the beauty of the kingdom.

"Elsaaaaaa!!!" A bubbly voice was heard and a redhead came running through the crowd and crashed at Elsa. The Guards following her warned her not to run like that and that she should be more careful.

"Oh, Anna. I've missed you too." They both laughed while hugging each other. "That crown looks perfect on you."

The woman named Anna let go of their embrace and smiled bashfully.

"Thank you," she said.

She noticed you standing beside Elsa and asked, a little more excited than usual, "Who is she?"

"Uhm. she's-" Elsa became uneasy. "She's a Northuldran sentry. Just like a queen's royal knight. The people believed a ruler should have one by their side."

She didn't dare to glance at you after saying this.

Anna looked skeptical but acknowledges her sister's explanation anyway. You all moved to the castle, the air awkward between you and Elsa.

-----

Elsa left for her former room with you in tow. You greet the maids and servants you met on the way. When you two were finally alone, you grabbed Elsa's hand and made her face you.

"What was that about!?" You asked her in a hushed tone but still showed your anger. "A guard? Is that all I am to you?"

"No, It's not like that (y/n)." She escaped your grasp and still refuses to look at you. "I simply don't know what to announce to Anna. I don't even comprehend what we are. And I'm worried about how she'll react."

You stayed silent for a moment. When you are about to speak, Anna burst into the room still as bubbly as when you first met her.

"Elsa! Let's go see the preparations. Tell me what you think of the decors and I need your advice on other things too. I can't rely on Kristoff with this kind of stuff. Oh! Hi there, miss sentry. Don't worry, it's safe here in Arendelle. So you just sit back and relax for now."

She waved at you and smiled innocently then dragged Elsa outside. Without knowing what to do, you decided to take a stroll around the castle. You wandered around, the area unfamiliar so you got lost easily. When you turned a corner, someone bumped into you. The girl yelped and almost fell if you hadn't caught her in your arms. You peeked at her and saw her blushing.

"I'm sorry. I'm really sorry!" The girl said, almost crying.

"No, it's alright," you told her. "It's not always you get to catch such a pretty cute maid."

You winked at her. She gasped and got out of your embrace.

"Tha-that's-Who- who are you!? What are you doing inside the castle!?"

"I'm-" You thought of what Elsa said. "I'm The queen's sister's guardian."

You smiled at her which made her face much redder.

"I- I see. I didn't know." She stuttered. Her eyes still fixated on you.

"Would you mind if I asked you to show me around?"

"Not at all!" She said eagerly.

"I'm (y/n). You are?"

"My name is Rem"

--------

Rem is a maid from some certain anime. I haven't watched the anime so Rem might be out of character here LoL.