A Night of Sin

It was already late at night. Everyone else was sleeping. There are only two rooms. Zack slept in the floor with just a sheet laid out. Rem took the other room and Anna in the other.

"They got me" you sighed.

You stood up and went in front of Anna's door. You hesitated.

"It's only one night. Nothing bad would happen, right?" you talked to yourself.

You entered the room silently. Anna was sleeping soundly.

"Oh."

The bed was small. You decided to get out of the room again.

"(Y/n)" you heard Anna whisper.

You looked at her. Her eyes were closed. She was still asleep. You went to her and sat on the bed.

"Anna?"

She stirred.

"I love you."

Your eyes widened. Everything seemed to stop. It felt like the world crushed down on you. You can't move. You were beyond shocked. Elsa haven't even said those words and yet here it is, from her sister.

"That.. wasn't for me. She never said it was for me." you tried convincing yourself.

You laughed a little at how absurd you might've looked. You tried to stand up but you were held down. Anna hugged you tightly in the waist. Her hair covered her face so you can't see if she's awake or not.

"Anna. Let go." you said.

You heard her whimper. It pinched you in the chest hearing her like this. You caressed her hands for a bit before removing them. You stood up and faced the bed. Anna's shaking, and she's crying now.

"Don't be like this Anna." you pleaded.

"I'm sorry." she whispered. Her voice cracked.

"Don't cry." you cooed.

"Don't leave me." she tried suppressing her sobs but failed.

You closed your eyes and clenched your fists. Then you launched yourself in the bed. You pushed Anna to look at you. She laid under you, her eyes were puffy and red.

"I didn't mean to." she managed to say.

"Since when Anna?"

"Even before I knew you and my sister had something. The very first time I saw you, I already felt it. Then our encounters made it stronger. I tried to stop it because of Elsa but-"

Her explanation was cut short. Her eyes widened for a while and then softened until it closed. You kissed her. It wasn't much. Your lips just touched but you didn't move. The two of you stayed like that for at least a minute before you sat back in the side of the bed.

"Anna. Please don't tell anybody." you said.

You put your head in your hands. Anna sat up and hugged you from the back.

"I know." she said.

"I shouldn't have done that." you said.

"Please don't blame yourself. It was partly my fault. I shouldn't have confessed like that. I should've stayed silent."

"I'm sorry." you told her.

You both were silent. She pulled you in the bed. You laid side by side with your head in her chest. She hugged you until you fell asleep. She kissed your forehead and a tear fell down her eye.

"I'm sorry Elsa." she said and closed her eyes.

-----

The next morning you all suited up. Rem wore her maid outfit. You all wore civilian clothings while Zack wore the soldier uniform he snagged from a high ranking soldier.

"Anna, stay here. Don't get out. We will be back soon. Zack and I will just make sure Rem gets to the castle safely." you talked to Anna.

"I understand. Please be careful." Anna said while caressing your cheeks.

Zack raised his eyebrow at this. While Rem decided to look the other way.

"Let's go ahead Zack." Rem suggested.

"Oh.. alright." he answered and followed Rem hesitantly.

You both heard the trapdoor closed. Anna tried to lean in and kiss you but you dodged her.

"Anna please."

"Just... one last time (y/n). I promise I'd get out of your way." she pleaded.

She leaned in again and this time you didn't move. Your lips touched for the second time. Both of you closed your eyes and tears started falling. Hers, because she knows she can never have you. And yours, because you're betraying the woman you cherish, with her sister.

------

"Did something happen last night?" Zack asked.

"I wonder." Rem answered nonchalantly. Her eyes were distant.

The trapdoor opened and you came out.

"Let's go" you said.

They both nodded. Rem walked ahead. Zack leaped and climbed the buildings while you sneaked in alleyways to guard her. You arrived at the palace safely. You and Zack hid in the bushes while Rem walked straight in the castle.

"It was a good thing the soldiers didn't bother her." Zack said.

"Yeah." you answered shortly. Your eyes were fixated on Rem.

She was talking to the guards. It took a while but then one of them went inside.

"What's happening?" Zack wondered.

"I don't know. I hope this goes well." you answered.

"Look!." Zack pointed back at the gates.

The guards came back with somebody else. You saw Rem bow and went inside. She side glanced at your position and saw her lips curl up a little.

"Yes! Success!" Zack fist bumped the air.

You smiled.

"Let's go back." you told him.

"Uhmm.." he scratched his head. "I thought for a while and decided to stay here. I can scale the walls and I know the castle well too. I want to guard Rem."

"Oh. I see." you smiled knowingly at him.

He blushed and smiled like an idiot. You patted him in the back.

"That does not suit you at all." you joked.

"Hey! Come on!" you both laughed.

"Then, farewell. And be careful. I'm counting on the both of you."

He nodded and ran off in the direction of the castle. He went to the back. You waited until you can't see him anymore. You turned back and walked but stopped when you noticed a presence. You looked to the side and your eyes widened.

"You!"

-----

Cheater ⊙﹏⊙